Chrysler programming software

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

crazycuda
Expert
Expert

Chrysler programming software

Post by crazycuda »

Anyone know of a good program that can be laptop run for tuning the mopars, I know GM has tuner cat but I have not been able to find much for the mopars.
Sorry if I ask alot of questions, but you never stop learning if you ask questions
Racer71
Pro
Pro
Re: Chrysler programming software

Post by Racer71 »

I use up tuners for Chrysler ford and gm. They support a lot of makes as well these days infinity vw/audi etc.
crazycuda
Expert
Expert

Post by crazycuda »

Racer71 wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:02 pm I use up tuners for Chrysler ford and gm. They support a lot of makes as well these days infinity vw/audi etc.
I have looked at there MPVI2, some of the locals I talked to around here said just get the diablo and use someone elses tune, not really the direction I want to go with a hemi swap in my future and owning 2 chargers.
Sorry if I ask alot of questions, but you never stop learning if you ask questions
Racer71
Pro
Pro

Post by Racer71 »

If you’re Interested in making your own tunes and tuning other vehicles it’s the way to go. If you want a plug and play solution then buy a xxx name tuner. Those things tunes are kinda universal, once you figure out the software you’ll be tying your exact setup and can modify it In The future for other mods. Depends on your end goal, having multiple cars makes it even better instead of buying two tuners. There is a tune repository many times you can find a tune that’s close and make fine adjustments from there
crazycuda
Expert
Expert

Post by crazycuda »

Any Particular vendor you could suggest or go right to the manufacture for the set up. I have seen a few on bay in the 300 price range that has supposedly the (obd connector link) and 2 different software packages.
Racer71
Pro
Pro

Post by Racer71 »

Get the mpvi2 add prolink so you can datalog wideband a lot easier. You can find some deals on it with literature for your specific needs. There are mopar specific books available from several vendors. If you don’t get prolink up front it’s easy to upgrade in the future the old unit wasn’t as easy, I’ve had both. Been using hp for over 12 years