If you are considering a new pick up

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Dragsinger
Expert
Expert
If you are considering a new pick up

Post by Dragsinger »

Take a look and test drive the new Ram Dodge. They are impressive.

After a lifetime of GM products [and no complaints, GM has given me excellent service] I drove a Ram, then promptly when in the sales office and bought one.

After 1200 miles I am completely satisfied and consider it a quality product. Quite, smooth, refined.
Larry Woodfin - Team Woodfin Racing - Owner, Woodfin Automotive
HDBD
Expert
Expert

Re: If you are considering a new pick up

Post by HDBD »

Does yours have air suspension, rear?
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

If you can get over the price, Toyota for me.
rebelrouser
Guru
Guru

Post by rebelrouser »

Just can not afford a new truck, last new vehicle I bought was a 1977 Chevy Silverado. Vehicles are kind of like wine, they need to get a few years on them to see how good they are and what breaks down on them, so I buy low mileage used stuff. Don't know how you will use the truck, but my old dodge diesel has performed well pulling the race car trailer. 350,000 miles now and still runs great. I redone the transmission 200,000 miles ago with a dual disc towing converter, and that solved all the transmission issues the older dodges had. Had a Chrysler guy tell me the French, put a lot of money into the interior and sound proofing engineering of the newer Ram trucks. I priced a new Dodge diesel last year, over $70,000 scared me off.
BenE64

Post by BenE64 »

rebelrouser wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:33 pm Just can not afford a new truck, last new vehicle I bought was a 1977 Chevy Silverado. Vehicles are kind of like wine, they need to get a few years on them to see how good they are and what breaks down on them, so I buy low mileage used stuff. Don't know how you will use the truck, but my old dodge diesel has performed well pulling the race car trailer. 350,000 miles now and still runs great. I redone the transmission 200,000 miles ago with a dual disc towing converter, and that solved all the transmission issues the older dodges had. Had a Chrysler guy tell me the French, put a lot of money into the interior and sound proofing engineering of the newer Ram trucks. I priced a new Dodge diesel last year, over $70,000 scared me off.
Ha ha, $70k usd. Then times that by 1.4 for aussie dollar. Double that again because of the screw aussie tax, then put 10% gst on top. You guys have got it good with pricing.
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

I've heard that all these trucks are highly profitable for the manufacturers- that means a low value proposition for me.
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

dfarr67 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:26 am If you can get over the price, Toyota for me.
Thanks for funding my paycheck for years. I worked at the proving grounds doing development. Toyota is not for me though.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
dfarr67
Expert
Expert

Post by dfarr67 »

I have a 1989 K1500 built in Oshawa ON, my old home town, 385/TPI standalone, 1990 4Runner 22RET stand alone. New trucks are just fluff. Can't beat the quality of yesteryears Toyota.
bentvalves
Expert
Expert

Post by bentvalves »

what is this post doing in ENGINE TECH?

cool story guy, nobody cares about your new truck.