first time Bonneville motorcycle racing

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Wiz_kid53
first time Bonneville motorcycle racing

Post by Wiz_kid53 »

hey guys, I'm looking to head to Bonneville on my harley this year to set a record in the 1650 M-PBG class. I'm sure a few people on here have raced on the salt and I am wondering what some things are to look out for, things you would have changed about your first time out, etc. The goal is to run my bike in complete street trim with the exception of tires and the goal is to dethrone Hiro Koiso for fastest street legal harley davidson in the world by either beating a top speed of 193.5 or the two way average of 188.5, record in my class is 155.5 and I know that will be a breeze. The bike has been over 160 on the street making significantly less power than it does now but i will need to change final drive ratios to achieve anything much higher. I've been racing motocross for over 20 years so I know the drill on a typical race day but LSR is completely new to me
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Re: first time Bonneville motorcycle racing

Post by PackardV8 »

Good luck with your attempts. What seems easy at home becomes an order of magnitude more difficult when the corrected altitude is read on the meter on a hot day on the salt.

Your questions have been asked and answered in detail over on: http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php There are several general information sections and a motorcycle-specific section.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
Wiz_kid53
Re: first time Bonneville motorcycle racing

Post by Wiz_kid53 »

thanks for the link!