NGK Counterfeiters

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

enigma57
Guru
Guru

Re: NGK Counterfeiters

Post by enigma57 »

:shock: Oh, boy! Lots of bad stuff coming out of communist China now of days (counterfeit parts, Wuhan corona virus). That's one reason I am using mostly reworked American made original and NOS parts for my '57 Chevy sedan. Recurved OEM distributor, oil filled '60s era Mallory Voltmaster II coil, '70s era MSD 6A CD ignition box, etc. Also have a good used 6T box as a backup. Using the same on son's 350 build for his '92 Camaro.

For the '57, I am retro-fitting larger drum brakes from the heavier '59 - '64 full sized cars rather than going to a store bought disc brake kit. '49 - '58 Chevy has 11" X 2" front and 11" X 1-3/4" rear drums. '59 -'64 Chevy has 11" X 2-3/4" front and 11" X 2" rear drums. I did that brake upgrade before in the early '70s using Lakewood Velvetouch metallic linings...... On this car. Lowering '55 2dr sedan body onto '56 wagon frame here (yes, my 'A-frame' is an oak tree on one side and lumber on the other and my little helper there is 51 years old now)......

Will do it a bit differently this time 'round. If they are still in business when I can put some coin together, have decided to use a high quality ceramic lined brake shoe manufactured by a small U.S. family run and operated company specializing in drum brakes for 1960's muscle cars.

Best regards,

Harry
chimpvalet
Pro
Pro

Post by chimpvalet »

China is not communist, they are a capitalist dictatorship. The difference matters. FYI
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

chimpvalet wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:43 pm China is not communist, they are a capitalist dictatorship. The difference matters. FYI
The Chinese Communist party runs the country

Every business has one member of the military who is a party member that oversees the daily operations

That's pretty much a Communist operation
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
chimpvalet
Pro
Pro

Post by chimpvalet »

China is a colossal country in terms of population and economy, now the world's 2nd largest behind the USA. They are certainly structured with major central government oversight/control of the economy but also have enormous scale of private capital, with a very large population of world-travelling billionaires. Piles of Chinese cash have been pouring into real estate overseas for years, helping drive up those markets. Chinese middle-class in droves were seen pre-COVID taking tourist trips throughout the usual destinations worldwide, sure looking like normal as far as that goes. Something closer to real Communism is seen in Cuba, where the system affords little latitude for accumulation of wealth.