Where are you getting bare castings from?

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

The Iron Icon
Where are you getting bare castings from?

Post by The Iron Icon »

Title says it all, trying to get some bare unfinished castings for sbf and a few for sbcs. Can't find anything that is unfinished anymore.
pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: Where are you getting bare castings from?

Post by pdq67 »

The Iron Icon wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:32 pm Title says it all, trying to get some bare unfinished castings for sbf and a few for sbcs. Can't find anything that is unfinished anymore.
Way back when I worked for AP Green Refractories, Mexico, MO, I visited as well as worked in many foundries.

I would start by doing a foundry search on the parts I want and when I come up with something, contact the company and see if they will sell me what I want.

Oh, "Thomas Register", might help your search?? I have spent a lot of time looking through them..

pdq67
BillK
Guru
Guru

Post by BillK »

Blocks or heads ? I would call someone like World Products and see if they will sell you bare castings ? Maybe Dart or Edelbrock for aluminum ?
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com
The Iron Icon

Post by The Iron Icon »

Primarily heads. Need some extra meat in the castings that gets taken out when they are finished.
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

The Iron Icon wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:47 pm Primarily heads. Need some extra meat in the castings that gets taken out when they are finished.
Edelbrock has bare sb ford and chev castings. I got some other makes from them last year...bare

I think what your wanting is raw port? They have some bb Chevy heads that way but I don’t see what your looking for