rpm-act

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

xxdabroxx

Re: rpm-act

Post by xxdabroxx »

I really don't understand people on "Speed-Talk" who don't support car modifications. Go find a hypermiling forum or something.
lefty o
Guru
Guru

Post by lefty o »

Tuner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:58 pm
j-c-c wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:58 am
Tuner wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:34 pm
I thought it was reasonably clear. Motorsports is Performance Art. How is a person who chooses some form of motorsport to express inner desire any different than a poet or painter expressing inner desire.

If we keep letting the overzealous wackjobs have the stage they will convince themselves Michelangelo committed a crime against nature because he destroyed a block of Carrara marble to make the Pietà.

How can motorsports be considered obscene? What kind of obscene motorsport are you involved in that might fit your prohibited criteria?
"when freedom of expression transcends into freedom of action"

I thought I was reasonably clear.

Your opinion was reasonably clear, into a grey area, and I disagreed.

I tried to use an analogy to support my position, obviously in vain.
In your vanity creating a race car is not art and you agree with the Supreme Court that Jesus on the Cross in a jar of piss is art.
just some friendly advice, dont waste your time with that individual. it is truly not worth it.
j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c »

Tuner wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:58 pm
j-c-c wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:58 am
Tuner wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:34 pm
I thought it was reasonably clear. Motorsports is Performance Art. How is a person who chooses some form of motorsport to express inner desire any different than a poet or painter expressing inner desire.

If we keep letting the overzealous wackjobs have the stage they will convince themselves Michelangelo committed a crime against nature because he destroyed a block of Carrara marble to make the Pietà.

How can motorsports be considered obscene? What kind of obscene motorsport are you involved in that might fit your prohibited criteria?
"when freedom of expression transcends into freedom of action"

I thought I was reasonably clear.

Your opinion was reasonably clear, into a grey area, and I disagreed.

I tried to use an analogy to support my position, obviously in vain.
In your vanity creating a race car is not art and you agree with the Supreme Court that Jesus on the Cross in a jar of piss is art.
In your narrow/closed mindedness you apparently can't see the difference in, and using an analogy here to be clear, is painting a rape and committing a rape.

If your "race car" is going to stay in your garage or a museum, fine, but if you have intentions of to actually operate it, use fuel, create exhaust, etc, the EPA is going to try and have a unfortunate say in the endeavor. Stay with your 'art" justification, and prepare for defeat and crushing or the confiscation of your "art".

Leave Jesus and the piss jar out it, its old and divisive, which I suspect is your intention, and just clouds the discussion.
Tuner
Guru
Guru

Post by Tuner »

j-c-teepha doesn't understand performance art is a thing and has protected status. Never been to a strip club because they/them are afraid to go for fear of what pollutants might be there.
j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c »

Really?

Please share with us where you perform your nude "performance art" in public unrestricted, so some of us can avoid it?

So this thread is now devolving into name calling? [-X
Datsunworks

Post by Datsunworks »

Tuner wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:16 am j-c-teepha doesn't understand performance art is a thing and has protected status. Never been to a strip club because they/them are afraid to go for fear of what pollutants might be there.
Does that include murder? If an artist does a few twirls then puts a bullet in someones head does that excuse them from prosecution? Spoiler alert: it does not because they are breaking the law.

If you modify a car in a certain way, as the law is currently written, and is being interpreted by the EPA then you are subject to a fine. This is pretty clear cut and wrong on a lot of levels but it is the law of the land. At this point I'm assuming you are trolling. All I know is I'm glad you are not arguing this case before a judge because you would be laughed out of court.