Beware on buying parts

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

learner1
Beware on buying parts

Post by learner1 »

If you're buying from someone online make sure you call them or email before making a purchase as they may be closed. I made a purchase from vibrant performance last Wednesday and still haven't gotten an order confirmation email even though the money came out of my account. Called them today and got the recording saying the mailbox is full. Sounds like i might be out of $77.
BillK
Guru
Guru

Re: Beware on buying parts

Post by BillK »

Is this the place in Canada ? If so they were posting on their Facebook page on Friday. Maybe they are out of town at a race or something ??

This is why I will only pay with a credit card or Pay Pal. At least if you do that you will most likely get your money back.
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

I would also advise everyone when ordering parts online, to call or email them first, to make sure they actually have the parts on the shelf.
Most websites are not usually up to date on their inventory, and with the current supply chain issues, it's common that the website will show a part in stock, but in reality, it's back-ordered, and months away from being back on the shelf.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
learner1

Post by learner1 »

Yes Canada, I don't have a facebook anymore. I don't know what's going on but no one answering the phone and a full mail box isn't usually good. Hopefully they're just behind or something.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

CamKing wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:40 am I would also advise everyone when ordering parts online, to call or email them first, to make sure they actually have the parts on the shelf.
Most websites are not usually up to date on their inventory, and with the current supply chain issues, it's common that the website will show a part in stock, but in reality, it's back-ordered, and months away from being back on the shelf.
For true, Mike.

The success of Rock Auto has encouraged everyone and his brother-in-law to try the scam. They buy a data base of part numbers for most every part for every car. When they get an order, they just have the warehouse drop ship it to the customer. way too many times, they'll accept an order for a part without any idea if it's actually available.

Just this week, I was searching for a windshield for a low-production car which I knew for certain was no longer available, but Countryside Volkswagen, DBA parts@ordereuroparts.com, came up as having the part, took my order and credit card info. Of course, this morning, they canceled the order.

jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
chimpvalet
Pro
Pro

Post by chimpvalet »

To Packard's point, I've had a similar experience in the past with some clowns operating through a very well presented website which, among other things, boasts of distribution centers in both the US and UK. Took my online order for a small batch of parts, shipped out short the most critical bit. Took several email attempts over weeks to get resolution, their 1st was to ship 2(!) of an unrelated piece, finally just returned my cash when they conceded they could not provide what they'd sold. The website was built with a really impressive catalog format emulating a factory parts manual yet the parts were packaged and mailed out from a run-of-the-mill dealership. In the end I concluded these folks were just some dorks working out of someone's mother's basement. Tech savvy a@#holes riding the Web's coattails to make a living.

Just recently though it seems we are in a somewhat unique period of supply chain worries, as observed by CamKing. I've been advised that relays back ordered as part of a substantial order will be shipped mid-July ( fingers crossed ) and December ! These are core pieces within the vendor's catalog, they are DelCity who I rate highly in any case.

Cheers
learner1

Post by learner1 »

Half my parts arrived on Friday. Still no communication about the other half