pcv valve 4.3 GM

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

eugene12
pcv valve 4.3 GM

Post by eugene12 »

Hello, was just wondering i have a 2011 silverado WT regular cab 2WD 4l60e 4.3 LU3 engine and was looking around for a PCV valve now i know from experience that most off the trucks i have had they are in the valve cover, on my truck 4.3 engine passengers side valve cover there is a grommet in the cover with a hose that goes to the breather but the hose that goes into the grommet doesnt seem to come out. the drivers side valve cover has a plastic hose with a rubber hose on either end one going into the valve cover and the other end goes into the intake manifold and the one that goes into the valve cover does not seem to be a PCV valve. sorry for all that but the question is does this truck even have a pcv valve? I have searched high and low online and my chilton manual and no results mostly the 5.3 info and 0 to none on the 4.3, so only Please if only you know if it has one please reply, also i have heard some have a closed orifice what ever that is and does that need to be changed? thank you in advance.
dannobee
Expert
Expert
Re: pcv valve 4.3 GM

Post by dannobee »

PCV is an orifice in the left valve cover. No need to change anything.
eugene12
Re: pcv valve 4.3 GM

Post by eugene12 »

Hello, thanks for the reply. I did check yesterday because i happened to buy a PCV valve for it to find it was a closed orifice and i got the hose off the valve cover an seen it was the same. thanks again. not sure why they went that way.