Disable or remove the PATS from a few 04 Ford PCMs.

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

racprops

Disable or remove the PATS from a few 04 Ford PCMs.

Post by racprops »

Well I am going into the wild Unexplored again.

So it DOES SEEM I have a better chance of finding out about the UFOs that reported crashed in Roswell that decoding the parts numbers of a 03 Ford Explorer’s PCMs to match up a 04 PCM to my 03 PCM.

I need this so my transmission guy can install the newer Solenoid Pack as the correct one for my 5R55S transmission is no longer made, and if the newer Solenoid Pack is used there is a 30% chance of a mismatch between it and my older PCM.

So best the idea is to get an 04 PCM from an Explorer with a 4.6 V8, 5R55s, no info center in dash, and a 3.73 rear end PCMs, disable PATS so I can test it in my truck to see if it will run and drive.

To do these tests I need to Disable or remove the PATS from a few 04 Ford PCMs.

There are a bunch of wackadoole ways on the internet on how to do this, I need the cheapest DYI system that really works as I may need to try a few to get the best match.

Anyone done this with any 04/05 Ford PCMs??

Rich
In-Tech
Vendor

Re: Disable or remove the PATS from a few 04 Ford PCMs.

Post by In-Tech »

Hiya,
I've done VERY little programming on Fords. Is your application still EEC-V?
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl
Racer71
Pro
Pro
Re: Disable or remove the PATS from a few 04 Ford PCMs.

Post by Racer71 »

I use hp tuners, it removes pats on most but not all of them. A competent scanner will relearn the pats on most fords in lieu of removing it, my snap on verus has pats functions for quite a few fords. You’ll need two individual keys to learn it though, if you have only one key you’ll have to get a second one.