4l60e 3-2 downshift solenoid

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

eugene12
4l60e 3-2 downshift solenoid

Post by eugene12 »

Hello, I have a 2011 silverado 1500 4.3 engine 2WD short bed 6.5' 4l60e transmission. I am going to service this. tranny fluid, 1-2 3-4 solenoids and the pwm solenoid the manifold preassure switch however i looked up the solenoids on amazon for the 3-2 downshift solenoid and this is what i found-GM Genuine Parts 24212327 Automatic Transmission 3-2 Shift Solenoid Valve only if someone knows if this will work for this truck even amazon says it wont fit also went to gm site they also said it wont fit, so if someone know the correct one please let me know. these parts are all ac delco. It seems it fits but not for the 2011 i am certainly at a loss i dont want to go thru all this and end up with the wrong solnoid. If you know send a link .also as far as i know there 2 in the front and the 2 in the back thats all the ones i am doing. thanks in advance for any help.
ingram

Re: 4l60e 3-2 downshift solenoid

Post by ingram »

Here is a good guy I have done business with. He will be able to answer your questions and sell you the correct components.
http://transmissionbench.com/index.html
Ingram Engineering
Cam Profile Designs
www.camprofiledesigns.com
BillK
Guru
Guru

Re: 4l60e 3-2 downshift solenoid

Post by BillK »

Do you mind my asking why you would replace the solenoids as part of a service ? The 4L60E in my 99 Tahoe has 270 miles on it and the only problem it has ever had was the lockup valve sticking at about 100k miles. It has had fluid and filter about every 60 - 70K miles and still works like new.

Just curious,
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com