Holley/Hooker Headers No Longer Available for 3rd Gens F-Bodys

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Holley/Hooker Headers No Longer Available for 3rd Gens F-Bodys

Post by skinny z »

I came across a post in another forum regarding Holley/Hooker headers and saw this reply from Holley regarding availability:

Quote:
I heard back from Holley today. It was about another matter, not the one in this thread, but it concerns something that all TGO membership might want to know about, so hopefully people are viewing this.
I emailed Tech Support yesterday with specific questions about some of the other headers they offer for 82-92 Camaros and Firebirds, current products and the possibility of anything new in the future, and this was the reply I received today:

"Unfortunately, we do not carry any headers for 3rd gen Camaro any longer. Due to new rules by the EPA, we had to discontinue any of our headers for the 3rd gen Camaro until further notice."

Sure enough, none of the header part numbers come up at Holley at this time. LS swap or Gen 1 versions included.

So, has this situation popped up on other platforms or manufacturers?
Kevin
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Holley/Hooker Headers No Longer Available for 3rd Gens F-Bodys

Post by skinny z »

I've also learned that this withdrawal of speed parts, with respect to Holley/Hooker at least, pertains to all post 1975 vehicles.
No long tube headers because, according to the EPA, they prevent the use of catalytic converters.
Kevin
Bill Chase
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Bill Chase »

Lemons, American racing, stainless works all used to have part numbers for the third gen platform, maybe even Stahl, headers by Ed and others. Should be some new old stock available for the hooker stuff if you contact old speed shops, third gen groups and clubs. Someone will have a set that can be cleaned up, new ceramic coating applied.
rgalajda
Pro
Pro

Post by rgalajda »

Doug' headers still available for 82-92 Camaro.

https://pertronixbrands.com/products/do ... ic-coating
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

There are still several options available. The thing with the Holley deal is that with their headers you can also use their full dual exhaust offering for a complete bolt-in installation.
Now we're back to square one and that's having to fabricate some part of it.
Kevin