Looking for a damaged aluminum LS block

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Xnke
Pro
Pro
Looking for a damaged aluminum LS block

Post by Xnke »

Need an aluminum LS block to cut up for my students. We need the front two cylinders, and the rear two cylinders, and the four in the middle don't matter because we're going to cut the block up for a display.

I'm in Bowling Green KY, have some feelers out at GM as they sponsor the school already but I'd rather not cut up a block in running condition when I can use a block that has worn out sleeves or a stripped middle head bolt boss.

The block will be cut up for a demo/display on what kind of repairs can be done by our students after they've finished the class, my kids are all car crazy and most of my machine shop class are there because the automotive class was full.

Let me know what you have and where you are, and how much you want for one. Ideally it'll be a block that needs to be sleeved, but I can repair most damage to get it up to the level we need for a demo.

I already have a stack of iron blocks to use for practice, but the aluminum/iron contrast of the sleeve makes for a better display.
engineman1642

Re: Looking for a damaged aluminum LS block

Post by engineman1642 »

i have a 6.0 that broke a rod and took out #8 sleeve. bored out the remainder of the sleeve to see about repairing. decided not to.I'm in Lebanon Ky u can have if u want it.
Xnke
Pro
Pro
Re: Looking for a damaged aluminum LS block

Post by Xnke »

That would be Ideal! I think I remember where lebanon is. I'll PM you here and we'll get it worked out.