Master pt38 pressure tester and vgs 19 worth?

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

The Iron Icon
Master pt38 pressure tester and vgs 19 worth?

Post by The Iron Icon »

Hi all, got some stuff for shop today, part of a package deal. Part of it was a master pt 38 pressure tester with 22 plates and alot of odds and ends with it the other machine is a vgs 19 seat and guide. Everything seems to work and be there, the vgs is wired to run single phase vs three phase now. I have ALOT of tooling for it drivers, reamers, drivers,, pilots,the valve seat cutting tooling itself(4 of the actual ball tool itself) and other stuff that goes with it. I got some other stuff on the road today and got back to find out the wife isn't to happy with my shopping spree so long story short I'm going to sell one of these machines since the vgs was an at home machine. Does anyone know the current worth of these machines? I can't find anything current and I don't want to over price and sit on them a year.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: Master pt38 pressure tester and vgs 19 worth?

Post by ProPower engines »

Well my 1st thought is to get a new more understanding wife. :lol:
All gear heads know that if you have an understanding wife life is much easier to live through the years..

I have the perfect wife all she asks is if it will make money if I say know then it better be a good deal for the shop to pay for it. =D> =D> :lol:

But to your problem,

The next thing you need to do is post up pic's and detailed pics close up of the tooling and accessories for the machine.
As well as the details of the machine.

TA had some changes back then before the following machine design that we now know as the VGS-20 so some stuff differs in what is available compared to what you have. I am saying the more current tooling is far more desired then the real old used up stuff.

Post up a bunch of pic's and the guys that really are in that market will contact you.
There is a couple machine dealers on here always looking for that stuff but with out pic's is too hard to say what you
have and its current value.
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
The Iron Icon

Post by The Iron Icon »

Will get pics soon. Wife is understanding its those dang pregnancy hormones going for my jugular :roll:
The Iron Icon

Post by The Iron Icon »

Have yet to clean them up, I am taking cover off seat and guide to see how to wire new plug. Anyone know how to make the work head not pivot? Can't seem to lock it down and wondering if the internal brake mechanism is just worn out or out of adjustment. The pressure stand has a ton off stuff with it that I'm not even sure of it's purpose completely.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Iron Icon

Post by The Iron Icon »

Found adjustment for stops so that fixed nicely, also have more tooling such as bowl hogs, around 25 pilots,the tool holders pictured with two of the drive piece, some reamers, guide presses, and drill chuck and reamer drive that gets pulled up. Im trying to be in the middle price wise between a kwik way head shop and a vgs 20 as I can't find another one to judge against to decide a price.