Fe torque plate

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

lance flake
Pro
Pro

Fe torque plate

Post by lance flake »

Does anyone have an fe 390-428 torque plate they would part with?
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Re: Fe torque plate

Post by ProPower engines »

Contact CCA Racing Products.
They are the best price for T/plates
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors
lance flake
Pro
Pro

Post by lance flake »

I have been looking at those. I was wish full thinking that someone had a spare they would part with. Thanks!
throttleman

Post by throttleman »

I have 2 plates , BHJ, F-04 429 and F03R 390 , with wood boxes, don't use and will sell thunderboatbob@gmail.com
lance flake
Pro
Pro

Post by lance flake »

throttleman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 pm I have 2 plates , BHJ, F-04 429 and F03R 390 , with wood boxes, don't use and will sell thunderboatbob@gmail.com
Pm sent
lance flake
Pro
Pro

Post by lance flake »

throttleman wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:53 pm I have 2 plates , BHJ, F-04 429 and F03R 390 , with wood boxes, don't use and will sell thunderboatbob@gmail.com
I’m not sure where we lost communication at. If I missed an email from you I apologize. Still interested if you will get back with me. Thanks
FirstEliminator

Post by FirstEliminator »

HI,
I am also looking for an FE torque plate. Lance did you pick up these torque plates from Throttleman? If not, are these still available? Or does anyone else know of an FE torque plate that is available? Needs to be an iron BHJ.

thanks,
Mark
FirstEliminator@aol.com
lance flake
Pro
Pro

Post by lance flake »

FirstEliminator wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:47 pm HI,
I am also looking for an FE torque plate. Lance did you pick up these torque plates from Throttleman? If not, are these still available? Or does anyone else know of an FE torque plate that is available? Needs to be an iron BHJ.

thanks,
Mark
FirstEliminator@aol.com
I tried to buy the fe plate from him. I'm not sure where communication was lost. Hopefully nothing terrible took place on his end.

I would still like to buy a used one myself. I have several fe builds coming up so I'm fixing to pull the trigger on a new one.
FirstEliminator

Post by FirstEliminator »

Thanks for the quick reply. Who knows what happened? He hasn't signed in here since January 28th. $299 at Summit or on e-bay for aluminum. I wonder if there is actually a measurable difference between using a different material. Seems like in a room temperature situation the head bolts should still pull the same tension (whether aluminum or iron) resulting in the same amount of cylinder distortion.

Mark
lance flake
Pro
Pro

Post by lance flake »

I suspect their is some difference but I don't think end use will be affected much at all. My belief is that something for a torque plate is better than nothing at all. I just like to use the same type gasket and fastener. I would be nice to afford ever torque plate made just not economical.
ProPower engines
Guru
Guru

Post by ProPower engines »

I have seen differences in the bores between aluminum and iron when measuring before and after finish honing is done.
Some Gen III Hemi blocks as well as some GM blocks. Fords some of the newer 4.6/5.4.

But the differences were seen when using a different head material compared to the torque plate materia l.

While Iron and Aluminum T/Plates are made for most all commonly built engines for the most part they were all iron till aluminum heads became popular and thats when the changes started.

CNC machining centers make shorter work on 6061 alloy compared to gray or ductile iron materials and the costs are much less when comparing iron to alloy plates.
A trend I have seen with some manufactures that are selling T/Plates is the lack of hardened inserts in alloy plates and iron plates while they are not needed the spacers for using either bolts or studs are not supplied.

Iron plates most times come with short hex head cap screws where aluminum plated rarely come with fasteners or spacers.
They can be had from a few makers of plates but not all. And always at a costly amount if they can be had from them.

They are very useful for doing high end valve jobs where sealing is at times compromised by fastener location to the valves that can lead to leakage. Hemi's are a good example and some BBC heads where the inner stud/bolt in the valley is used.

CCA Racing has a good selection of well made plates with hard inserts installed in the plates and they can supply spacers for a small extra cost if you order them at the same time.

I have a good selection of their alloy plates for aluminum head engines and both Sunnen or BHJ iron plates for iron head builds. Both are also used for high end VJ work but the fasteners need to be selected for each engines needs to make swapping them easier to do and by one person.

JMO
Real Race Cars Don't Have Doors