For sale:Electro-Arc 2DB tap zapper

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

MotionMachine
Guru
Guru

For sale:Electro-Arc 2DB tap zapper

Post by MotionMachine »

I bought this and haven't broken a tap since. 220V single phase. I used it once to see if it worked and that's it. It works fine, pump is strong. It has a few sizes, everything is still available from Electro-Arc. I need to start thinning my inventory so it goes. Prefer pickup only in Danville VA. If you want to ship, it'll be extra to build a skid and lumber ain't cheap these days. I can forklift load onto your truck or trailer. It will go in a 1/2 ton pickup no problem, that's how I got it. $2,000 obo.
DSC01704 (Small).JPG
DSC01705 (Small).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jed
HotPass
HotPass

Re: For sale:Electro-Arc 2DB tap zapper

Post by jed »

None of my business but how do you plan to perform your exit from the industry (retire)??
This is probably a topic that should be discussed some where else. My heart gets saddened when the good machinist, and you are one of the best, leave the industry.
I guess I’m just an old sentimentalist.
I tried retiring 10 years ago and became very restless. So I found part time work.
I always read and respected your posts and comments
MotionMachine
Guru
Guru

Post by MotionMachine »

Thanks for the comments. I'm torn about it but I'm 64 now and am tired of working 6 days a week. I'm actually going to try 4 days starting next week, we'll see how that goes. I might sell all my head stuff and do just bottom ends, or visa versa. Like I said, I'm torn. I hate leaving my regular customers hanging as there are precious few good complete shops to send them to near me. Of course I'd sell the whole place to someone and they can carry on but I know that won't happen. It'll be one piece at a time when I do finally decide to pack it in.
jed
HotPass
HotPass

Post by jed »

I'm almost 79 and the automotive industry has been my passion and my life. I don't fish or play golf and have no hobbies except
building and machining engines. So when I was 68/69 I retired. I worked on and fixed up our house for sale then when we moved into our new house I worked on it till it satisfied my wife. My point is to retire and be happy have a hobby or something to occupy your time with or you will become restless like me and go back to work.
I wish you success, keep shareing your knowledge.
MotionMachine
Guru
Guru

Post by MotionMachine »

Refreshing this ad, still for sale. Price reduced to $1,500. I have since used it once to burn a tap from an exhaust manifold, works great.
racear2865
Guru
Guru

Post by racear2865 »

still available?
MotionMachine
Guru
Guru

Post by MotionMachine »

Yes, still available. Although I don't want to ship it, back and knees hurt too much to build a skid.