Dyno

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Revsperformance
Dyno

Post by Revsperformance »

Looking to purchase a superflow 901 dyno or something like it. Will be testing engines 1200 hp or less.
gunt
Expert
Expert
Re: Dyno

Post by gunt »

me too !
second hand in my case , have you looked at the DYNOmite , engine dyno which looks ultra cost effective , also anyone else have views on this brand as i was alos looking at the hub dyno , sorry for jumping in on your thread
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

me 3.

I found this place...they seem to have a selection of stuff and currently show a superflow 800 if that's any help.
https://www.allstates.com/dynomometers.html

I was eyeing the DYNOmite stuff too and nearly pulled the trigger on an 800hp brake and gear setup that was on ebay a few months back that was listed for $4800 iirc. I 3/4 have myself talked into just making a brake....3/4.....
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

Just grabbed an older go-power da-512 the looks unused for $900
http://gopowersystems.com/wp-content/up ... Manual.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk »

Congratulations on your acquisition, Mark.
Now you get to exercise your engineering ability and see how fast dollars can disappear putting a function system together that provides useable data!
23 years ago I was going to save a few bucks and build a better data acquisition system. What seemed like a good idea at first, eventually worked. Ultimately an exercise in futility due to the unstable nature of the software and some hardware glitches that never was resolved on a permanent basis.
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

SupStk wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:20 pm Congratulations on your acquisition, Mark.
Now you get to exercise your engineering ability and see how fast dollars can disappear putting a function system together that provides useable data!
23 years ago I was going to save a few bucks and build a better data acquisition system. What seemed like a good idea at first, eventually worked. Ultimately an exercise in futility due to the unstable nature of the software and some hardware glitches that never was resolved on a permanent basis.
Thanks?????....

:)

I'm sure you're exactly right about the money money disappearing WAY faster than I imagined when I thought this was a great buy.

My data plan is a very simple one.....feed the dyno load signal to one of the unused analog inputs my ECU that's already logging everything else on the engine and call that part done. I would like to use the ECU to also automate the testing and I THINK it can but if I end up just using the manual controls it came with I guess that's probably ok to, but I ordered a stepper, encoder and valve to play with a bit, $120 of stuff.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
throttleman

Post by throttleman »

still looking ? just switched out my 901 super flow , looking to sell . thunderboatbob@gmail.com, thanks