Wanted, bill Jones books

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

The Iron Icon
Wanted, bill Jones books

Post by The Iron Icon »

If anyone has any of bill jones books pm me, I'm looking for both the porting book and engine book
donforeman

Re: Wanted, bill Jones books

Post by donforeman »

What happened to Bill? Why is he not selling his books anymore? I have both books, not for sale but if Bill wanted to use them to make more copies they could be available for a week or two. I wore the cover off one in the early 90s, so I replaced it with laminated covers. A lifetime of info in those books. He also sent me a huge amount of actual pictures to explain some things in the porting book.
bill jones
Guru
Guru

Post by bill jones »

Hi Don,,,

---I'm still around

---the book thing was sort of one of those "eras" of my life---I just outgrew the hassle of dealing with all of the stuff that I had to go thru just to make a $10 profit

---I think I sold something like a total of 300 books from the mid 1980's until just last month when I finally sold the very last one
---the logistics of it all and having sit on my money every time I'd get 50 books printed until those all got sold
---there was way too many hours spent on that selling books idea

---but---I appreciate all the guys and a few ladies who bought them---and about 80 of those books went to foreign countries
---I hope that everybody found at least a "nugget" or two in'm somewhere---and maybe developed some ideas about how to make some progress in their endeavors
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

It is a shame it is so much effort to get them to where they can be purchased as e-books. That would save the hassle of printing and shipping.

I have learned that as long as I had an open mind while reading, I always came away with something.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
dannobee
Expert
Expert

Post by dannobee »

I agree with Paul, turn them into e-books or a pdf file. Way less hassle than working with printers and sitting on inventory.
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

I would buy an ebook tomorrow. I have been wanting to get Bills books for years but something was always in the way. Now that I am into my new career I have time and extra cash to buy them. Oh well, at least we still have him dropping nuggets of info on this site. Thanks Bill for sharing what you have learned.

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins
learner1

Post by learner1 »

Bill,

How many different books did you make?
bill jones
Guru
Guru

Post by bill jones »

---I had two books that I actually got registered with the library of congress
---first book was "Racing Engines, & Engineering"---first started selling those in the late 1970's and early 1980's
---second book was "Porting, Flowtesting & Procedures" that was later on in 1980's
donforeman

Post by donforeman »

I posted both books of my books on eBay. They are great books and Bill spent a lot of time patently emailing me when I would ask crazy questions. Being very young I thought I knew a lot about race cars back then, I was wrong. I have had both books for 20 years now and its time to share them with someone else. They were $45 each. A lot of what I learned with the books is how to look at the data you have in front of you and question everything. They served me well with my flow bench and and now my dyno. I wore the cover off the porting book in the first year, so I had the office supply place make new laminated covers for it. That's why there is no names on it. The rest of the books are in great shape.
www.ebay.com/itm/234202700506?
donforeman

Post by donforeman »

For some reason people keep messaging me about the books I sold almost a year ago. Just so its clear. They sold on eBay the same week and there were several bidders. These books don't set around waiting for people to buy them.