New domain: www.Speed-Talk.com

The forum is currently running on the new domain and server. The old domain will remain active for a short while to forward any (less frequent) visitors.
IMPORTANT: Update your bookmarks to https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/

FrankenFerrari engine

Post photos/videos of anything* you own - Or, ask to see something.

Moderator: Team

gunt
Pro
Pro

Re: FrankenFerrari engine

Post by gunt » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:54 pm

don't take this the wrong way , as when anyone is deep in something simple things can be missed ,

before even heading to the dyno with the plugs out spin her up monitor the pressure and may be at both ends of the block and head , with plugs out , i'd have no problem of wasting a starter on it

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:18 pm

gunt wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:54 pm
don't take this the wrong way , as when anyone is deep in something simple things can be missed ,

before even heading to the dyno with the plugs out spin her up monitor the pressure and may be at both ends of the block and head , with plugs out , i'd have no problem of wasting a starter on it
Spinning it until it has pressure and oil is returning to the tank is something I always do. Also a baseline compression and leakdown test on each cylinder and since my time is free but starters are not, nor is it easy to change, I watch the temp and wait as long as need be. after trouble shooting on the last round I also have the flywheel marked ever 60deg so I can confirm spark is right at each cylinder before it goes live.

The plan this time around is to also make sure there is a second person present on run day...so I don't miss anything or tel myself its nothing. still a few weeks out but that's the plan.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Ready for seat holes I think
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:43 pm

Just because I was in the mood to play I opened dynomation and installed the last version....no longer 900hp, 825 in the wave model  (darker) normally use or 850 on the FE (lighter - Fill and Empty...simpler model).  Still a lot but I'm sad to not get 900hp graphs anymore.  Sent a note to the developer asking about the craziness of the FE model at 3200, 5000.....this engine seems to really challenge the software and almost always finds issues when he added new features. 

If only I had a dyno to see what the engine REALLY makes!  :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer