Rivian discussion dumped to the cellar "General Discussion"

Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

Newold1
Guru
Guru
Rivian discussion dumped to the cellar "General Discussion"

Post by Newold1 »

This forum needs to establish an electric vehicle and technology section and not put so much emphasis on "Budget" builds!
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Re: Rivian discussion dumped to the cellar "General Discussion"

Post by cgarb »

I'm all for it...start the new electric vehicle section. Not that I will look at that section, but if I want to I will know where to find that information.
Schurkey
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Schurkey »

Great idea. No need to pollute the subforums I look at with that crap.
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Administrators, Are You listening??
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

As for discussion about SPEED, Volkswagen's all electric race car broke the impossible Pikes Peak "Unbreakable 8 minute" Hill Climb record with a run of 7 minutes and 57 seconds!! Now that's speed and performance in a run what ya brung no holes barred contest! =D>
hoffman900
HotPass
HotPass

Post by hoffman900 »

Newold1 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:24 pm As for discussion about SPEED, Volkswagen's all electric race car broke the impossible Pikes Peak "Unbreakable 8 minute" Hill Climb record with a run of 7 minutes and 57 seconds!! Now that's speed and performance in a run what ya brung no holes barred contest! =D>
Listen, bro. If it ain't 60yo cast iron and carburetors, I ain't interested. :lol:

< likes all of it. I just want to go fast.
-Bob
Tom Walker
Pro
Pro

Post by Tom Walker »

New technology will surly continue to gain some market share, but the majority of this forum and many more scattered all across the globe are primarily interested in the piston pushing internal combustion engine. It may be old school, but it is cool and fascinating to us. It is still by far the dominant power of choice globally and will continue to be in my opinion because of many reasons it came to be dominant in the first place. The infrastructure to support any other power on a big scale is still in the future. If Los Angeles goes brown on a hot day now because of all the electrical draw from the air conditioners, what will happen when they plug in all these cars?
In the mean time, new and high tech will make inroads into the market share, but incrementally. Right now, I will enjoy the sound, smell and old school power of a small block Chevy that traces its roots back to 1955. Long live the piston pushers!
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

Most cars get charged at night time when most air conditioners are off.
Circlotron
Guru
Guru

Post by Circlotron »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 pm Most cars get charged at night time when most air conditioners are off.
And when solar power is not happening.
I see big problems ahead...
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

I just want a cool plug in speaker system so if im ever forced to drive some characterless electric crap i can at least have a drive by wire V8 sound stereo blasting as i drive!
Craig.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

Since you share a continent with the manufacturer Craig, you're probably familiar with the Sound Racer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1VkvIveaPo
\:D/
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

MadBill wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:44 pm Since you share a continent with the manufacturer Craig, you're probably familiar with the Sound Racer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1VkvIveaPo
\:D/

Bill no ! I hadnt seen that before, fabulous, now im not so scared of electric vehicles :lol: =D>
Craig.
Tom Walker
Pro
Pro

Post by Tom Walker »

My point Fire bird 88 is the electrical Infrastructure is not up to the demand of a massive amount of electric cars being plugged in, and as they do come on board gradually, we will accommodate the increased demand for electricity as we do the increased demand because of population growth in many areas. If everybody switched to electric cars all at once, you and I would be setting in the dark right now. Besides, around here in Kentucky, all our electric cars are coal powered in reality.
travis
Guru
Guru

Post by travis »

F-BIRD'88 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:42 pm Most cars get charged at night time when most air conditioners are off.
We have weeks or more where the temps never drop below 90* F at night. The A/C does NOT get shut off!

Hell...I need to mow my yard again right now :shock:
FC-Pilot
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FC-Pilot »

cjperformance wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:28 pm I just want a cool plug in speaker system so if im ever forced to drive some characterless electric crap i can at least have a drive by wire V8 sound stereo blasting as i drive!
It’s funny you mention that. The company I work for already does that, but it is in there piston driven vehicles because they sound like crap. LOL

Paul
"It's a fine line between clever and stupid." David St. Hubbins