We are currently running on the new domain and server: www.Speed-Talk.com

IMPORTANT: Update your bookmarks to https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/
(Right-click the URL and select "Bookmark this link")

Wow , diesel cars and light diesel vehicles banned in Europe!

Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

Newold1
Guru
Guru
Wow , diesel cars and light diesel vehicles banned in Europe!

Post by Newold1 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:41 pm

Europe is banning sales and re-registration of car and light duty diesel vehicles as of 2020. To much particulate increases and NOX.

Writing is on the wall here in the US for particulate emissions and NOX emissions that have grown here also! :shock:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:

gruntguru
Pro
Pro
Re: Wow , diesel cars and light diesel vehicles banned in Europe!

Post by gruntguru » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Can you provide more details, a link? I couldn't find any confirmation by Googling.

Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:52 pm

MY bad. I took a piece of information from an article from a reputable magazine source that was overstating what was happening with respect to new diesels not being able to meet the European Tier 6 standards for NOX and particulate emissions and several countries and cities in Europe would not be certifying, registering and allow these diesels to operate in their areas. It was and is still not Europe wide.

The result apparently is now whatever countries and cities want to ban diesel automobile accordingly and do not have to certify them for sale or registration. Most automobile experts in Europe are making statements that the newest diesel engines cannot effectively meet these standards and they feel the "diesel is dead in Europe in General in cars and light duty vehicles.

As it now stands several countries and major cities have stated they will not allow the sale or use of these diesel automobiles in their countries and cities as of 2020 to start. I believe from what I can understand Germany has already issued this edict.

Sorry, I should have been more careful to verify the real scope of this issue and not mention it until the full scope and actual factual information was in the post. :oops:
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:

Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:37 pm

It's not 2020, but 2050. But for new vehicles these green weenies plan it for 2030.
One may wonder where they are going to get their electricity from.

gunt
Pro
Pro

Post by gunt » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:17 pm

they are trying to ban even most modern diesel from city's , but there is a new 0 emission diesel on the way the electric is such a big load of complete lies , combine that with the grants / running cost and depreciation .

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 am

This will end up just like it is doing in FRANCE as I type!!

pdq67