We are currently running on the new domain and server: www.Speed-Talk.com

IMPORTANT: Update your bookmarks to https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/
(Right-click the URL and select "Bookmark this link")

Here is how to do it

Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6458
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm
Location:

Here is how to do it

Post by exhaustgases » Sat May 25, 2019 3:43 am


Brian P
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1614
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by Brian P » Sat May 25, 2019 9:25 am

... except that it's BS.

SupStk
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1561
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: Box Elder, SD

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by SupStk » Sat May 25, 2019 10:31 am

Color me skeptical. I’d like to seen the motor completely dissembled and an explanation on how it works. I didn’t follow the deal concerning the tube and measuring air flow. Nothing was demonstrated or proven.
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine

Newold1
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1963
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:50 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by Newold1 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:50 pm

This supposed motive force from magnets was demonstrated with this device in April 2010. If that's the case and it really creates power without any external power then it would be a type of perpetual motion from magnetic energy alone and if it were really as presented it would have blasted into the present day 9 years later! It has not, so where and why is it hiding??
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:

Brian P
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1614
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by Brian P » Wed May 29, 2019 5:10 pm

No matter what claims are made, and no matter how many times someone states otherwise, the laws of thermodynamics cannot be violated. Can't make something from nothing. The energy has to come from somewhere, and the entropy law means it can't magically appear out of thin air.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6458
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by exhaustgases » Wed May 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Brian P wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 5:10 pm
No matter what claims are made, and no matter how many times someone states otherwise, the laws of thermodynamics cannot be violated. Can't make something from nothing. The energy has to come from somewhere, and the entropy law means it can't magically appear out of thin air.
ICE engines work with thermodynamics, nuclear physics isn't covered so well with that, nor is electromagnetism. Daily, every nano second there is something from nothing, it is what keeps the atomic structures of everything there. The earth in its orbit is something for nothing it is perpetual motion like the atom. So you can't say it is impossible. There was a whole room of scientists there to pick it apart. The problem is, is when years of education and teaching is blown apart by something like this.

Brian P
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1614
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by Brian P » Wed May 29, 2019 9:40 pm

Nope. The earth has momentum and thus kinetic energy associated with its motion which has been there since the formation of the solar system (and that kinetic energy came from the motions of the particles that came together to make the earth). Nuclear energy is associated with conversion of mass to energy in accordance with equations that Einstein derived. Electromagnetism still follows the basic laws of thermodynamics - electric motors (which use electromagnetism) don't create mechanical power out of nothing; it's coming from electricity.

I will grant that something big happened at the moment of creation of the universe which we, collectively, do not fully understand. But that's not what's happening inside a magnet.

BS-y explanations are called "hand-waving".

Newold1
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1963
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:50 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by Newold1 » Thu May 30, 2019 9:59 am

As I said if it is so amazing and it really works, where has it been for the last 10 years since this demonstration. Things that work that well do not disappear.
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6458
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by exhaustgases » Thu May 30, 2019 10:16 pm

It all can be tied into why we no longer have homesteading, because to the powers that be, want dependency, not independence. That is why there will never be a device like this allowed, it would create freedom. In answer to why we don't have this technology now.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6458
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by exhaustgases » Thu May 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Brian P wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:40 pm
Nope. The earth has momentum and thus kinetic energy associated with its motion which has been there since the formation of the solar system (and that kinetic energy came from the motions of the particles that came together to make the earth). Nuclear energy is associated with conversion of mass to energy in accordance with equations that Einstein derived. Electromagnetism still follows the basic laws of thermodynamics - electric motors (which use electromagnetism) don't create mechanical power out of nothing; it's coming from electricity.

I will grant that something big happened at the moment of creation of the universe which we, collectively, do not fully understand. But that's not what's happening inside a magnet.

BS-y explanations are called "hand-waving".
I suppose its everlasting kinetic energy that keeps the atoms in their state? No electric magnetic motors, use magnetism not electricity to create mechanical power, the electric is what turns on and off the magnetic field. If you take something like the average dc motor, and use many more turns of finer wire, guess what you get the same power for less wattage, as there is less amp demand. I tested electro magnets years ago as a proof. That is the whole problem everyone ignores the magnetic field, key is to use less activating power for it by adding more turns of wire, then you can get something for nothing as you say. Just try it.

Brian P
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1614
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by Brian P » Fri May 31, 2019 12:19 am

No, you don't. Just try it.

More turns of finer wire will just require less current but more voltage to do the same job; the power (current x power) for the electromagnet to do a given task stays the same.

Applying less voltage to that coil will simply result in the electromagnet not delivering as much magnetism (force). If the driven load requires more torque than the now-de-rated motor can deliver, it stalls.

Electric motors, and their voltage and current requirements, are well understood.

You're the one attempting to violate well-understood thermodynamic laws ... the onus is on you. I'll stick with the well-understood laws.

User avatar
modok
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2298
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:50 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by modok » Fri May 31, 2019 2:10 am

Perhaps the polite way to say it would be.....
Your magnet engine... is a topic for the religion forum,
that's the kind of engine it is

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6458
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by exhaustgases » Fri May 31, 2019 7:19 pm

Brian P wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:19 am
No, you don't. Just try it.

More turns of finer wire will just require less current but more voltage to do the same job; the power (current x power) for the electromagnet to do a given task stays the same.

Applying less voltage to that coil will simply result in the electromagnet not delivering as much magnetism (force). If the driven load requires more torque than the now-de-rated motor can deliver, it stalls.

Electric motors, and their voltage and current requirements, are well understood.

You're the one attempting to violate well-understood thermodynamic laws ... the onus is on you. I'll stick with the well-understood laws.
Its a very simple test. You can use .030 ish dia magnet wire or, don't know a gauge right off hand, wind it on 2 3/8 x2 bolts with nuts to make a simple electro magnet, on one bolt put maybe 50 turns, on the next bolt put 200 to 300 or more turns what ever you want. Now connect the low # winding one to a 1.5v dry cell see how much it will pick up, then do the same with the high winding coil. Oh and don't forget to measure the amps each one takes.
Power in watts is = to the amps times the volts. In this case the volts remain the same, so you will see you get more power for less electrical power used.
This will tell you that if you add more turns you can increase the magnetic power more and use less electrical energy to do the task. And like fancy cam timing in an ICE, you could with proper timing use capacitors as counter emf recovery devices to help increase a motors field even more.
HOW CAN CURRENT X POWER BE POWER? DID YOU MEAN P=IE???
And sorry yes try it. Magnetic energy or field strength is not dependent on electrical energy applied. A simple magnet has no external applied energy source.

Brian P
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1614
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by Brian P » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:16 pm

That will prove nothing; such a primitive design will have efficiency so poor to begin with that your "measurement" is really only comparing "really bad" to "less bad". You're not getting something for nothing; you're simply coming closer (a little) to something that is functional at all.

I'll say it again ... the performance characteristics of electric motors are well understood, and they do not create something out of nothing.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6458
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:35 am

It proves alot. Its the magnetic field that motors work on, can't you understand that? I just proved you can have a nice strong magnetic field for less electrical energy and even supercharge it if you like. Why is there so much closed mindedness when it comes to innovations and out of the box thinking?
This is like arguing in the old days when there were just flat heads making less than 100 hp, that someday that same cubic inch displacement will be making many times more hp. Things improved because people had ideas and put them into motion.

Primitive design?????? Its a proof of concept and simple to reproduce the test. Geeeesh

Yeah the concepts of reciprocating internal combustion engines were known well in the 1930's, does that mean we should have just stopped there and not improved a thing? There just needs to be a few Ed Iskenderian's that play with electric motors I guess.

Post Reply