Speed-Talk is running on www.Speed-Talk.com

IMPORTANT: Update your bookmarks to https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/
(Right-click the URL and select "Bookmark this link")

Here is how to do it

Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

User avatar
modok
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2630
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:50 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by modok »

Magnets are just like springs. How do you make a generator with JUST springs?

FREE energy IS real!
You take a dead battery to the auto-parts store, they will charge it for free. It's free energy. REALLY!
GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4526
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by GRTfast »

modok wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:44 am Magnets are just like springs. How do you make a generator with JUST springs?

FREE energy IS real!
You take a dead battery to the auto-parts store, they will charge it for free. It's free energy. REALLY!
:lol:
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
Newold1
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1963
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:50 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by Newold1 »

Just one last thing to say with this argument - YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID!🙄
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
User avatar
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert
Posts: 886
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Shreveport, LA

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by midnightbluS10 »

I cant believe I just now read this thread full of brilliance. How did I miss this? #-o :lol:
JC -

SUPPORT THE RPM ACT :!:

https://www.sema.org/rpm-bill-summary
gruntguru
Expert
Expert
Posts: 900
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:56 pm
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by gruntguru »

You can call it an "electromagnetic motor" if you prefer but there is no such thing as a magnet motor without electricity.
gruntguru
Expert
Expert
Posts: 900
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:56 pm
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by gruntguru »

exhaustgases wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:09 am
gruntguru wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:50 pm You can call it an "electromagnetic motor" if you prefer but there is no such thing as a magnet motor without electricity.
Okay but you can still make the magnet field with very little current and voltage, that is what some folks have done. Gosh they used to make heavy steel plate lifting magnets powered by a 6 volt lantern battery, the one I used years ago I think lifted 1 or 2 tons.
I explained above a simple permanent magnet motor similar to a piston engine.
Yes these things all exist and they all obey the first law of thermodynamics.

For the permanent magnet motor, this means it doesn't work - at all - never will. As you say it is very simple - build one yourself. You will begin to understand why it doesn't work.

In most cases, even the folks that have no understanding of the technical aspects have enough sense to appreciate there are financial reasons these things don't work. For example:

If the magnet motor works someone would have built one. They could use it - for example - to produce free electricity. Now that they have free electricity they can start selling it, undercutting the existing suppliers who must buy coal, gas, uranium, solar panels etc. Building more magnet motors from the profits and the capital offered by hordes of eager investors, our magnet motor magnate is on a growth spiral, the likes of which has never been seen. He soon rules the world.
GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4526
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by GRTfast »

exhaustgases wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:09 am
gruntguru wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:50 pm You can call it an "electromagnetic motor" if you prefer but there is no such thing as a magnet motor without electricity.
Okay but you can still make the magnet field with very little current and voltage, that is what some folks have done. Gosh they used to make heavy steel plate lifting magnets powered by a 6 volt lantern battery, the one I used years ago I think lifted 1 or 2 tons.
I explained above a simple permanent magnet motor similar to a piston engine.
The mechanical power you get from an electromagnetic motor will NEVER exceed the electric power it draws. Ever.

There is no analogue between a piston engine (an engine that converts chemical energy to heat, and then to shaft work) and a permanent magnet motor. The analogue to a permanent magnet motor would be a motor that runs solely on springs. If you understand why you can't make a motor that runs on springs, you also understand why the permanent magnet motor will not, and can not work. #-o
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
gruntguru
Expert
Expert
Posts: 900
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:56 pm
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by gruntguru »

Wow, that's fantastic. This invention will save the world! Goodbye global warming. . . Oh . wait . . that was 2013 . . . he should be a multi billionaire by now???

Maybe big-oil or big-coal bought the idea and shelved it? Can't be putting those coal miners out of work just to save the world.
GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4526
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by GRTfast »

From the link:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a tiny electric motor that rotates the mirror. So it isn't possible to do without electricity altogether? The inventor signals his disagreement. "Eight milliamperes at nine volts", he says. That is only a control mechanism. The power at the shaft is much greater. Engel also thought about a mechanical drive for the mirror directly from the rotor shaft, but opted against this as it would considerably increase mechanical complexity.

What is the next step now? Engel wants to attach a small generator to the shaft and show that his motor delivers more electricity than is needed for its control. If he could do that, we'd really have some sensational news."


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He claims that the "power of the shaft" is much greater, however the output power of the motor was never measured. The power to run the motor is coming from his electric motor that rotates the reacting magnet (what he calls the mirror).

The reason he never ran the "mirror" from a mechanical drive connected to the shaft is because the motor would never run, because conservation of energy is an undeniable fact of reality. The reason he never measured or published the output power of his motor is because it would reveal the output power is less than the power draw of his control mechanism.

#-o
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Posts: 9028
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:41 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by Kevin Johnson »

https://watch-wiki.org/index.php?title=Engel,_Thomas wrote:2014 interessierten sich auch zwei Ingenieure von Siemens für diesen Motor. Doch auch deren Untersuchung ergab, dass der von Siemens begutachteter Engelmotor mehr elektrische Energie verbrauchte als er zur Verfügung stellte. Es handelte sich demzufolge um einen herkömmlichen Elektromotor.


In 2014, two Siemens engineers were also interested in this engine. However, their investigation revealed that the Engel engine reviewed by Siemens consumed more electrical energy than it provided. It was therefore a conventional electric motor.
GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4526
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by GRTfast »

Kevin Johnson wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:41 pm
https://watch-wiki.org/index.php?title=Engel,_Thomas wrote:2014 interessierten sich auch zwei Ingenieure von Siemens für diesen Motor. Doch auch deren Untersuchung ergab, dass der von Siemens begutachteter Engelmotor mehr elektrische Energie verbrauchte als er zur Verfügung stellte. Es handelte sich demzufolge um einen herkömmlichen Elektromotor.


In 2014, two Siemens engineers were also interested in this engine. However, their investigation revealed that the Engel engine reviewed by Siemens consumed more electrical energy than it provided. It was therefore a conventional electric motor.
Good find.

This Siemens engineer (me) was able to make that determination without investigating. As it turns out, having a basic working knowledge of physics is useful. :lol:
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
gruntguru
Expert
Expert
Posts: 900
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:56 pm
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by gruntguru »

exhaustgases wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 pm I guess you didn't see this one. Every electric car needs it.
It runs, and they take it apart for you as well. Thermodynamics is for engines not for magnetics which is a form of atomic power you know electromagnetic fields, electron spin, magnetic moment and all that fun stuff. You really have your branches of science mixed up. :lol:
There are a lot of people in this video there to pick it apart.
They didn't tear it down far enough to reveal the secret battery.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass
Posts: 9028
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:41 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by Kevin Johnson »

SharmElena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:26 pm I am studiing via youtube video! Often use it!!!
This should be left up to visit kosmic karma on those who would use it.

Do you also photoshop crew team members?
GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4526
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by GRTfast »

exhaustgases wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 pm I guess you didn't see this one. Every electric car needs it.
Thermodynamics is for engines not for magnetics which is a form of atomic power
#-o
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
GRTfast
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4526
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:26 am
Location:

Re: Here is how to do it

Post by GRTfast »

exhaustgases wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:12 pm
GRTfast wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:44 pm
exhaustgases wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:47 pm I guess you didn't see this one. Every electric car needs it.
Thermodynamics is for engines not for magnetics which is a form of atomic power
#-o
Just define the words.......... Thermal ..................... dynamic. Thermal is heat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dynamic is movement all simply stated.
Magnets don't need gasoline and a fire to work, :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D>
Man, yikes.
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Hitchens
Post Reply