VW ramps up EV production.

Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

gruntguru
Guru
Guru
VW ramps up EV production.

Post by gruntguru »

VW Zwickau factory is being converted to "EV only" production for 2021. Capacity is 330,000 units p.a. making it the largest EV factory in Europe.

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/ ... uture-6154
pdq67
Guru
Guru
Re: VW ramps up EV production.

Post by pdq67 »

Does anybody here think that I would buy a VW electric car after all the sh*t they have been recently caught doing?

Gimmie a break!

pdq67
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

Chances are you are not VW's target market.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Right, I figure that VW's target market is to the, "SHEEPLE", and not to the, SHEEP DOGS"!!!

You know, back when GM used Oldsmobile as their test guinea pig for their pass. car diesel engines, the diesel engines were so bad that they left such a bad taste in peoples mouths that it took like 20 or more years to get the diesel engine accepted here.

And to this day GM will not build and sell a GREAT small car!! Go figure... And they re-badged a hell of a lot of Suzuki's, haven't they!!

No take a close look at VW here.....

pdq67
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

Maybe the next mega-scandal will be that VW is secretly building atomic energy power-plants around the world disguised as EV refueling centers. :-k

When the plants are tested, they emit CO2 and particulate matter from the cooling towers as a double-secret subterfuge.
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
Rick!
Expert
Expert

Post by Rick! »

Or, less far fetched, they will get busted for not having a sensor that only allows recharging from a renewable source.
It would be ironic to use Germany's coal produced electricity for the new generation mobility.
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

:lol: =D>
Driving Force Online: BREAKING NEWS—Ohio Governor Signs SEMA-Supported Vehicle Freedom Bill Into Law!
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

^^^^^^^^^^

He, He!!

Right..

Wasn't Merkel's goal for renewables for Germany something like 35 to 40 percent power production?

Where is Germany at nowadays?

pdq67
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

I have to ask so please bear with me.

What is Germany's cost for their renewable energy vs what their energy costs produced from their coal fired power plants?

pdq67
Kevin Johnson
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Kevin Johnson »

pdq67 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:03 am I have to ask so please bear with me.

What is Germany's cost for their renewable energy vs what their energy costs produced from their coal fired power plants?

pdq67
Have fun:

https://www.world-nuclear.org/informati ... wende.aspx
gruntguru
Guru
Guru

Post by gruntguru »

Good luck finding the real cost of electricity - any type - any market. There are always hidden inbuilt subsidies or taxes. And then how do you quantify the cost of any environmental degradation?
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

VW/Audi is going to be stuck with their cars. I drive an Audi and when they will only sell me an EV, I will be heading for a different brand.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

After much research, a friend of mine leased a Hyudai Kona EV two weeks ago, based largely on a cost-per-kilometre calculation using Ontario's soon-to-be 'off-peak' residential rate of ~ 6.0¢/kWh. (It's presently ~ 13¢ 24/7) His apartment building has two compatible charging stations but he failed to verify their charge per kWh. It's 36¢/kWh. Oops! #-o
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
Belgian1979
Guru
Guru

Post by Belgian1979 »

Govs here earn a lot of money taxing fuel...what do you think happens when this source of income threatens to dry up...right. This is in no way going to be better/cheaper than what we have.

If you have to charge at home with the small connection to the grid residential homes have, it's going to take a loooooooong time to charge. This means plugging it in when you park the car in your driveway all night until you leave again the next morning.
Imagine, everyone in your neighborhood does this, imagine when everyone in your state does this and imagine when everybody in your country will do this...