2022 Ford Maverick truck!!!

Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

BTZ201

2022 Ford Maverick truck!!!

Post by BTZ201 »

Hi guys,
Anybody driving one of the new Ford Maverick hybrid trucks yet?
I am in the market for a new commuter and this truck really has my attention. I haven't been able to test drive one yet as most dealers don't have any on there lots yet.
My biggest concern is will I fit in it comfortably.
I am 6'2" and about 275lbs.
Just curious if anyone here is driving one yet and if so is it roomy enough for bigger guys?
Thanks,
Brent
2seater

Re: 2022 Ford Maverick truck!!!

Post by 2seater »

The availability of the hybrid will be an issue as far as finding one to drive, but the turbo engined ones are fairly common to find on a lot so you can check your comfort level, the size and interior is the exact same. The 2022 hybrids have been sold out for the model year for a couple months now and as a matter of fact, mine ordered in August was just cancelled by Ford due to lack of hybrid drivetrains. If you are in CA you may have some luck but the interior of the country is on the short end, again. Best of luck
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

You are shopping in the worst time to buy a new vehicle since the post-WWII-pent-up-demand. The manufacturers have computer chip shortages and labor shortages and our government bought votes and caused price inflation by dumping trillions of printed money into the economy. Combining short supply with high demand and going forward the buyer will be paying approximately 25% more for the same vehicle than pre-pandemic-pre inflation.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
BTZ201

Post by BTZ201 »

Jack, I couldn't agree more. Its a horrible time to be in the market for a new vehicle.
I currently commute in a BMW i3 but it has left me stranded to many times now. Not for the lack of charge but other issues.
I have been able to sit in the new Ford Maverick recently and they are plenty roomy for me.
I am in CA so starting to see some on the lots, but they don't last long.
Was planning to wait until next year for a new commuter but after being towed home again last week I may be trying to get one sooner!
Thanks,
Brent
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

BTZ201 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:12 pmI currently commute in a BMW i3 but it has left me stranded to many times now. Not for the lack of charge but other issues. . . . Was planning to wait until next year for a new commuter but after being towed home again last week I may be trying to get one sooner!
Thanks, Brent
Well, Brent, thanks for that moment of EV clarity. I almost bought a lease return i3; liked everything about it, but guess I dodged a bullet. They weren't ready for prime time.

jack vines
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
2seater

Post by 2seater »

The hybrid I had on order for several months will likely not be built due to excess demand, at least that was the word from the dealership a week ago. There are plenty of conspiracy theories that abound on the Maverick forums about shady deals, price markups, etc... all to be taken with a grain of salt, From what I have learned from the dealer, the vast majority have been committed to a handful of states that have entered a pact of sorts to achieve some emissions target by 2030, primarily the coastal states, especially the west coast. It is pretty much the picture I put together over the last couple years when looking for a BEV and then a hybrid, so I believe this is likely correct.
BTZ201

Post by BTZ201 »

Update for the last towed home comment for my i3...
Transmission went out!!!
As you might imagine they aren't cheap. Luckily bmw has stepped up and is covering alot of the costs.
Meanwhile I get to commute in a fancy loaner car. Driving a 430i coupe.
Its way fancier than anything I should be driving.
Pretty impressed, its getting over 37mpg on my commute.
BTZ201

Post by BTZ201 »

Found out great news about the new maverick hybrid.
It is "flat towable".
I have a jeep wrangler that I currently tow behind my motorhome whenever we go camping.
I love my jeep, but the only time I use it anymore is to have a vehicle to drive once we set up camp.
When I actually get rid of the i3 as a commuter and replace with the maverick I can get rid of my jeep and use the maverick as my commuter and as a tow vehicle.
Anyway, thought is was worth noting.
By the way, i3 is back on the road and about to get a for sale sign soon.

Brent...