In Memory of Don Terrill

Moderator: Team

cgarb
Guru
Guru

Re: In Memory of Don Terrill

Post by cgarb »

Did not know Don or his family, but his Speedtalk forum and it's members has opened my eyes to performance engine building. Thanks for the unique place to share and learn. Thank you to his family for keeping it going.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

bpe_dyno wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:11 pm Thanks to everyone for their patience in getting the Speed Talk forum back up and running. Please take a moment to post anything you wish to honor Don. These posts will be read by the family and will help in both the healing process, and serve as a guide for new and current members to understand why and how this forum has become so successful.
Keeping SpeedTalk going is a wonderful tribute to an exceptional man and we owe a huge debt to you bpe_dyno for taking up the reins! Like most of the members I never spoke to Don in person, but was privileged to be a sounding board as he pondered whether to keep or 86 some of our more fractious members. He spend much time mulling how best to maintain the highest possible technical standards while enforcing an appropriate level of civility on the forum, as he took such decisions very seriously.

Deepest condolences to Don's family and many thanks to all who contributed to the forum's Resurrection.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
Caprimaniac
Guru
Guru

Post by Caprimaniac »

I still remember the first time I visited Speedtalk- it gave a feeling like "finally coming home".

Tribute to all involved in getting the forum back up. Also sure Don would appreciate you keeping it up.

Condolences to Don's family & friends.
How to turn GURU in an instant.....
greenhj

Post by greenhj »

This is one of the best technical resources on the net for our chosen passion and I thank Don for building it and maintaining it over the years. Condolences to his family and friends and I hope this place stays as a living memorial to his work.
BOOT
Guru
Guru

Post by BOOT »

Speedtalk is the best resource for learning and I've always tried to help others when I can to show I appreciate what I've learned. Glad it's back and hope it continues to educate others far into the future. I did not know Don Terrill but I want to wish his family the best and thank them for continuing what he created.
Channel About My diy Projects & Reviews https://www.youtube.com/c/BOOTdiy

I know as much as I can learn and try to keep an open mind to anything!

If I didn't overthink stuff I wouldn't be on speedtalk!
ZIGGY
Guru
Guru

Post by ZIGGY »

This forum that Mr. Terrill created is one the premier spots for motorsports tech, engines in particular.
Though they may remain silent, I'm sure there are many, many people who are as pleased as I am to see it continue. Thank you.
My sincere condolences and best wishes to Don's family and friends.
tuffxf
Pro
Pro

Post by tuffxf »

All the best to Don's family moving forward!
What a great resource this place is, thanks very much!
Cheers
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Don is going to be missed and is a reminder that we can all go at any time on any day, so I want to say to my speed talk friends and foes, I really do appreciate and enjoy our interactions here and I hope we have the opportunity to do so for many years to come...

Love you guys!
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Steve.k
Guru
Guru

Post by Steve.k »

Thanks Don in starting this great site. It truly has a very big knowledge base here and some of the best builders in the industry. Condolences to the Family and friends who were fortunate enough to be with Don. Many Thanks Steve.
gunt
Expert
Expert

Post by gunt »

I for one had no idea this had happened , being outside the US, only found out when the forum reopened as to the reason , which was very sad to hear , but i feel the level of people on this forum and the high standard it retains is a testimony to Don and it would truly of been a shame to let it go as it has to be a reflection of the man that was .
just my thoughts
Sorry for your loss
Promodwrench

Post by Promodwrench »

I haven't posted alot here but I did come to the site to look, listen and learn from some of the smartest most skilled people I have ever had the privledge of being on a forum with. I purchased a sparkplug reading tool, a DVD and some books from Don several years ago. The knowledge that Don put out into the world of racing engine building etc will live on forever. The fact that he brought so many bright minds together through this site is another reminder to his family of all the lives he touched. My thoughts and Prayers go out to his family and his friends during this difficult time . May God comfort you all.

CW
bill jones
Guru
Guru

Post by bill jones »

---personally I think this particular day was one of Don's greatest additions to an already great website.

https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 58#p222458

---being able to show pictures has added a lot of class to the website.

---Bill Jones appreciates all the effort of everybody involved from Mr & Mrs Terrill and whoever is behind the scenes at running speedtalk---and including all of the forum participants.

---thanks for a 1st class operation.
KnightEngines
Guru
Guru

Post by KnightEngines »

Speed talk has been an invaluable resource for many of us over the years.
Thankyou Don for building this site.

Condolences to Don's family & friends, I didn't know him, but he just had to have been a good man to set this place up.
BigBlocksOnTop2
Pro
Pro
Location: Chancellorsville Battle Field, Chancellorsville, Virginia

Post by BigBlocksOnTop2 »

Condolences to Mr. Terrill's family. Very sad....Bill Stallings
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

For those that may have missed it, I'd like to bring members' attention to Beverly Terrill's note in the "Announcements" section https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=55689 regarding how to finance the ongoing costs of operating SpeedTalk, since she will be unable to maintain Don's commercial activities.

Hopefully some effective and innovative ideas will surface, but two that I would wholeheartedly support if no better choices emerge are yearly membership fees or Crowdfunding.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.