In Memory of Don Terrill

Moderator: Team

bpe_dyno
In Memory of Don Terrill

Post by bpe_dyno »

Thanks to everyone for their patience in getting the Speed Talk forum back up and running. Please take a moment to post anything you wish to honor Don. These posts will be read by the family and will help in both the healing process, and serve as a guide for new and current members to understand why and how this forum has become so successful.
John Wallace
Guru
Guru

Re: In Memory of Don Terrill

Post by John Wallace »

Don will be greatly missed. He has one of the greatest forums on the web.
He always had the best information around for the racer like me.

My condolences to his family and friends.
John Wallace
Pontiac Power RULES !
www.wallaceracing.com
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

Absolutely the best forum on the web, thanks to Don.

My condolences to Dons family and friends. I hope you can fill your hearts with happy memories to help you through this tough and life changing time.

Thankyou for keeping this piece of ever evolving history alive.

Cheers,
Craig.
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

I didn't know Don or any of the people here when I came here for tuning advice on my land speed racer motorcycle.. I can say the advice got me several class victories against competitors with more experience....
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Boy how much I have learned from the forum alone is amazing!! Thanks to Don for making it happen! I hope it goes on, the wealth of information is the best. Adam
GURU is only a name.
Adam
Old School
Pro
Pro

Post by Old School »

Don brought together some of the best minds of automotive engineering. I joined in 2005 and only have 360 something posts but I listen to those that know more than I. I have made friends that would not have been possible without Speed Talk. I am very grateful that you have decided to continue with the forum. Don created the best hot rod forum on the internet.

Billy Robinson, Kentucky
GerryP

Post by GerryP »

I didn't know Don. I wish I had. He seemed like the kind of guy who made a difference in the lives of those he knew. Very rare.
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

Don created an exceptional forum community. When I first discovered speedtalk, it was quite amazing. I felt that I joined a select group of top engine builders, head porters and tuners, all organized and moderated by Don. I purchased a large package of audio CD's. I spent hours listening to them. I thought Don had a very good and easy going style as an interviewer. He was able to coax copious amount of info in the interviews, without being overbearing or demanding. I enjoyed and learned from the articles Don wrote and info he shared.

I knew Don a bit from messaging. I wanted to contribute and wrote a couple of articles for the site, discussing with Don before he published them.

Don brought many people together in this community. Many of us became better at what we do because of him. I know of several people who launched professional careers with the knowledge and skill gained from speedtalk. I have only thanks and praise as my own knowledge vastly improved.
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
Norris Marshall

Post by Norris Marshall »

it is good to be back up and sharing. Norris
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

Thanks to Don for making Speedtalk the success it is, nothing else compares.
He managed a careful balance to make ST what it is.
Let's commit to making it the best it can be going forward.
Helping to Deliver the Promise of Flying Cars
Rick360
Guru
Guru

Post by Rick360 »

My condolences to Don's family.

I didn't know Don personally but Speedtalk has been a great resource for me in several ways.

I have a lot of the interviews that Don did. Don did a great job selecting people to interview and really thought provoking questions to get people to open up. I have many hours of listening to the audio cd's, some of them many times.

The forum has been great too. Lots of really good information here on Speedtalk. I also have met people and made good friends as a result of Speedtalk. Great place that Don built.

All of this is thanks to Don. I hope we get many more years of Speedtalk in the future.

Rick
steve cowan
Guru
Guru

Post by steve cowan »

I was in shock to hear the news of Dons passing last year,my heart is heavy to Dons family and friends.
when i found Speedtalk in 2011 it was a jackpot,i purchased all the audio CDs,books and even a spark plug light that serves me well at the track every other week,the time,effort and expense for Don to go towards this forum is nothing short of amazing,very rarely seen in today's world.
I hear Dons voice in my car or home workshop everyday and will be forever grateful to everyone involved.
steve c
"Pretty don't make power"
rebelrouser
Guru
Guru

Post by rebelrouser »

condolences to Don's family. Speed talk is a great site for gear heads to get together and bench race. I have learned a lot from the people on the forum. And got involved after listening to dons, speetalk taped interviews. Don left a great legacy to motorsports.
Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 »

Condolences to Dons family. I know Don by reading his books and learned a lot from them. Speedtalk is the best place to have questions answered or just read and find answers to questions you did not even know to ask. Speedtalk is a real Legacy.
A good test is worth a thousand opinions.
Smokey
6.50camaro
HotPass
HotPass

Post by 6.50camaro »

I was saddened and shocked to here of Dons passing . My thoughts and prayers go out to the the family as they adjust to thier loss.
I have been involved in one way or another in motorsports since the mid 70's . I found SpeedTalk thru a fellow member who was doing my machine work at the time. We would talk and discuuss ideas and he said I should go on ST as it was a place where some of the best minds in the performance industry gathered to share and help one another.
In the year and a half I have been a member and a long time lurker my understanding and knowledge of engines has increased so much that the past two engines have exceeded my expectations greatly. This I thank Don and his vision of what can be done for .
My the Lord comfort you,as you mourn his passing . Dan