Don is missed, but we all missed Speed Talk, so his legacy is secure

Moderator: Team

PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Don is missed, but we all missed Speed Talk, so his legacy is secure

Post by PackardV8 »

Don created the best forum for getting guys who know how to share and guys who are trying to learn. FWIW, over the hiatus, I had so many questions I knew the answer would have been here in a matter of minutes, I went through Speed Talk withdrawal.

As we were cautioned when the forum reopened, "HEY, DON"T SCREW UP THE LAST BEST PLACE!!"

jack vines

'
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Re: Don is missed, but we all missed Speed Talk, so his legacy is secure

Post by midnightbluS10 »

Hopefully the atmosphere that was so common around here lately will finally subside. It'd be nice if we could get back to sharing information instead of the "spitting" contests everything seemed to turn into.

Thank you all for keeping the forum up. I didn't know Don and had only spoken to him a few times, although I visit the forum frequently. Even while it was locked down, I came here daily to read old threads in an attempt to learn more than I know now.

Unfortunately, the times I've tried to ask questions about stuff I was curious about in the past, my questions are usually ignored. That doesn't really perpetuate an atmosphere of learning or sharing, imo. Which is supposed to be the entire reason for forums like these, I thought. Hopefully we can get away from the "holier than thou" attitudes and get back to sharing knowledge and not ignoring people who ask questions in a attempt to learn just because they don't know as much as the next guy.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Don is missed, but we all missed Speed Talk, so his legacy is secure

Post by tjs44 »

Im with Jack,we owe it to Don to keep his legacy alive and well in this site.I think since his passing I went to the site at least twice a day to see if it was back.Tom