Progress update on Don Terrill's Speed-Talk

Moderator: Team

CamKing
Guru
Guru

Progress update on Don Terrill's Speed-Talk

Post by CamKing »

Since taking over SpeedTalk, we have been not only working to move the forum to a new domain(speed-talk.com), and server, but working hard to improve the forum, by adding more content, and attracting more industry professionals to contribute to the collective brain trust of Speed-Talk.
We're hoping to have everything done, within a few weeks.

When we finish with the upgrades, for the new Speed-Talk, we will have 2 tiers of membership.
The Std membership(free) will get you access to all the sub-forums you have access to now.
What you have now, is the Std. membership, and you will be able to post, read and comment on all the forums you post, read, and comment on now.
There will also be new forums added, where you will have "Read only" access, including a "Vendors Forum", where you can read about each vendors products and services
The new HotPass membership($20 annual), will get you access to:
1: The Speed-Talk Vendors forum, where companies can promote their products/services and offer discounts to HotPass members. HotPass members can also post questions/comments to the Vendors.
2: The Speed-Talk Interviews forum, where HotPass members can listen to over 60 technical interviews from some of the biggest names in racing.
These are many of the same interviews that were for sale on SpeedTalk, and are now free to HotPass members.
3: The David Vizard Tech forum, where DV will post a Monthly tech article, and HotPass members will be able to post questions/comments about the articles. David will also have information about any upcoming seminars, or projects he's working on(David and I, are still working out the details).
4: New advanced subject forums, to fill the needs, the current forums don't fill(I don't know what those are yet). This is something I will get together with the vendors on, to see what subjects require more in-depth discussions(my first thought is EFI Tuning).

I'm hoping those that see the value in the added content, step up to the HotPass membership. It's only going to get better, as we grow.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: Progress update on Don Terrill's Speed-Talk

Post by CamKing »

Oh, and Vendors will be able to post videos, that are viewable without having to be redirected to youtube.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
fdicrasto
Expert
Expert

Post by fdicrasto »

Sounds good. Will be waiting for the date when i can join the hot pass "club"
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Sounds like some good plans.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Why change the domain name to www.speed-talk.com? Aren't you going to lose alot of people who are going to be looking for www.speedtalk.com? Or will it automatically redirect?
Joe Facciano
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

JoePorting wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:43 pm Why change the domain name to www.speed-talk.com? Aren't you going to lose alot of people who are going to be looking for www.speedtalk.com? Or will it automatically redirect?
If I am not mistaken, if he doesn't maintain the domain speedtalk and link it to speed-talk he will loose that decade of traffic in the search engine.
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

If I google speedtalk, I get a mobile phone service

Maybe speed-talk would take you right here?
emsvitil
Pro
Pro

Post by emsvitil »

google speedtalk.com
Ed
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

gmrocket wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 pm If I google speedtalk, I get a mobile phone service

I don't think "-" is a character you can search for in search engines. Anytime I've ever tried, it returned results minus the "dash". At least on Google anyway. Thirty-two comes back as thirty two, etc...same thing with the search terms themselves. It automatically removes the dash, AFAIK. Unless you're using it to specify to exclude a certain word or words in the search box.

Personally, I have speedtalk set as my homepage so it opens up automatically anytime I open Chrome or tap the "Home" button. Not only that but I don't even have to type speedtalk into my address bar to come here. As soon as I type "S", it fills in the rest of the link with the most popular website I visit that starts with "S", which is Speedtalk.com... So I type "S" and hit enter and it takes me straight here. No Google. No mobile phone services to skip over. Trim the fat and be efficient...even if it is a forum we're talking about.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket »

midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 pm
gmrocket wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:23 pm If I google speedtalk, I get a mobile phone service

I don't think "-" is a character you can search for in search engines. Anytime I've ever tried, it returned results minus the "dash". At least on Google anyway. Thirty-two comes back as thirty two, etc...same thing with the search terms themselves. It automatically removes the dash, AFAIK. Unless you're using it to specify to exclude a certain word or words in the search box.

Personally, I have speedtalk set as my homepage so it opens up automatically anytime I open Chrome or tap the "Home" button. Not only that but I don't even have to type speedtalk into my address bar to come here. As soon as I type "S", it fills in the rest of the link with the most popular website I visit that starts with "S", which is Speedtalk.com... So I type "S" and hit enter and it takes me straight here. No Google. No mobile phone services to skip over. Trim the fat and be efficient...even if it is a forum we're talking about.
I just tried it again

Speedtalk Gets me a mobile phone site

Speed-talk Gets me here first hit

So it does make a difference. That's on my I phone.. last time I checked on laptop,, same thing
paulzig
Expert
Expert

Post by paulzig »

google Speedtalk on my PC 1st option is to here
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

If you google a subject then speed talk it works fine.

Try valve lash speedtalk

Or

ring gap speedtalk

Things like that get you here no problem
Craig.
midnightbluS10
Expert
Expert

Post by midnightbluS10 »

gmrocket wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:07 pm
midnightbluS10 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 pm

I just tried it again

Speedtalk Gets me a mobile phone site

Speed-talk Gets me here first hit

So it does make a difference. That's on my I phone.. last time I checked on laptop,, same thing

That's odd. Whether I Google "speedtalk" or "speed-talk" I get pages of speedtalk mobile phone stuff. Nothing even close to here. But like I said, I don't have to Google to get here. As soon as I type S in the address bar, it fills in speedtalk.com/forum so I literally type "s" & hit enter and forgo any google results at all. It brings me straight here to the forum main page. Not that it makes a difference lol.
JC -

bigjoe1 wrote:By the way, I had a long talk with Harold(Brookshire) last year at the PRI show. We met at the airport and he told me everything he knew about everything.It was a nice visit. JOE SHERMAN RACING
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

cjperformance wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:34 am If you google a subject then speed talk it works fine.

Try valve lash speedtalk

Or

ring gap speedtalk

Things like that get you here no problem
I use bing and speedtalk plus a subject like porting or cylinder heads will give you links to this site. I also got a sub section with the new name Don Terrill’s Speed-Talk 4th on the list.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=porting+f ... =QBRE&sp=2
Please Note!
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

That is why people pay to have someone help with getting a higher ranking. speedtalk.com shows up on page 3 when I do a google search for speedtalk

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV