youtube Vortec porting videos - total BS

Moderator: David Vizard

digger
Guru
Guru
Re: youtube Vortec porting videos - total BS

Post by digger »

better than most junk on youtube but would be better without 10min of sales tactics
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

digger wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:15 am better than most junk on youtube but would be better without 10min of sales tactics
With due respect for this opinion Digger how do you think I earn the money to do the tests so that I can produce the videos?

If you have any ideas that will help me finance the info that I pass along either free or for the lowly cost of a book please let me know.
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

David, do you have any data from your head program to share?
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Orr89rocz wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:47 pm You need a laser pointer lol
Must be slow today - only just figured this out!!!!!
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

RevTheory wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:52 am David, do you have any data from your head program to share?
I will look into that Rev.
meanwhile - take care.
DV
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

slo-svt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:03 pm
David Vizard wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:02 pm
slo-svt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:43 pm David, have any done any before and after testing with your vortec heads on engine dyno or at the track?
Did you really need to ask that question????
DV
Is it not a valid question?
I am not trying to be disrespectful but that question was like asking you if you took a breath yesterday and which one was the deepest?

Without sorting through hundreds of dyno pulls on this I can say that gains such as seen on the heads in question are worth over 40 hp on an otherwise 300 or so HP 350.
DV
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

slo-svt wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:03 am
GARY C wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:52 pm
slo-svt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:51 pm

Maybe I’m slow. What am I missing here. David’s response makes it sound like I asked a stupid question. Revtheory is making it sound like David has done hundreds of Dyno tests on vortec heads....if he has then surely my question would be as simple to respond to as I thought when I asked it. If not,a simple no would suffice.
Slo guy!.. What would you expect for power based on your on tests???.... Yours, NOT CGT's are Randy's tests, but your very own test?!
Gary, you whole demeanor is really making me thing you can S p e i e r are on the same medication. I literally asked a very simple question. I simply asked if he had other results other than flow bench data on the port he was demonstrating in the video. In addition why does it matter who's engine I'm able to be a part of. If I'm at a dyno for 8 hours with people, trying things, making suggestions, analyzing data just the same as they are. Why does it matter who's engine it is? I stand to learn just as much as anyone there that day. I'm sure they will be doing the same with the engine I am building for REC. David is a grown man and can answer the question himself or just ignore me. I really don't care at this point. You can quit loosing your mind and act like an adult. If you want to further discuss this matter that you really shouldn't even be a part of feel free to PM me so we can quit clogging up someone else's thread.

Josh
Gary,
Lets not get this out of hand here. Josh did ask a simple question and I made a response that was intended to have an element of humor. Josh was obviously serious enough to not interpret it that way and as such I apologize - I was being a little too flippant. Josh PM me with your phone number and I will give you all the lowdown you can handle.

David Vizard
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

David Vizard wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:01 am
I am not trying to be disrespectful but that question was like asking you if you took a breath yesterday and which one was the deepest?

Without sorting through hundreds of dyno pulls on this I can say that gains such as seen on the heads in question are worth over 40 hp on an otherwise 300 or so HP 350.
DV
My apologies David

I am sleep deprived. I have been up to my eyeballs in 11 hours days and was unaware I was speaking to such a legend. If you would like I would be happy to help you sort through all you vortec dyno data. I can even turn it into an excel sheet if you want. I always find things I missed after the fact and find it helpful to revisit them every so often. I will shoot you a PM with my contact info.
Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it.

Albert Einstein
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

GARY C wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:12 am
GARY C wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Slo guy!.. What would you expect for power based on your on tests???.... Yours, NOT CGT's are Randy's tests, but your very own test?!
Gary, you whole demeanor is really making me thing you can S p e i e r are on the same medication. I literally asked a very simple question. I simply asked if he had other results other than flow bench data on the port he was demonstrating in the video. In addition why does it matter who's engine I'm able to be a part of. If I'm at a dyno for 8 hours with people, trying things, making suggestions, analyzing data just the same as they are. Why does it matter who's engine it is? I stand to learn just as much as anyone there that day. I'm sure they will be doing the same with the engine I am building for REC. David is a grown man and can answer the question himself or just ignore me. I really don't care at this point. You can quit loosing your mind and act like an adult. If you want to further discuss this matter that you really shouldn't even be a part of feel free to PM me so we can quit clogging up someone else's thread.

Josh
Me too... What have your results shown? So if David Posts someone elses data you will accept his results?

If you don't care then why do you keep raising the question when DV has a 50 year rep for testing his work?

You are a grown man (I am guessing) so you can answer for your self...

If you want to further discuss this that you really shouldn't be part of you can call me at 214-793-3808!

Then you will see how you are clogging up others threads.

See how that works!
Gary, what does this have to do with him asking if David has any dyno results for those specific Vortec heads? You're way out in left field here and it started with your pissing and moaning when he asked David about any dyno tests of those specific Vortec heads AND THAT SPECIFIC PORT IN THAT SINGLE HEAD. Not ANY vortec head but THAT SPECIFIC VORTEC HEAD. Yet you misunderstood and took it as he was asking for ANY vortec dyno data. Then you flipped out.

You're the one in the wrong here, sir. I don't see how you don't understand this. Worst part is you keep on digging yourself a larger hole...and still don't see where you're wrong. Maybe it's time you stepped away from speedtalk. You're taking this crap WAY too personal when it has NOTHING to do with you.

All because you misunderstood what he asked and you're too proud to admit that you screwed up. Time to put your pride aside, Mr Gary C. Apologize. Then take inventory of what you did wrong here. It'll help to prevent it from happening in the future.
Dan Timberlake
Guru
Guru

Post by Dan Timberlake »

Thanks for that U-tube video Mr V.

Just one of the many useful bits is I now know I've been saying your last name wrong for decades.

Dan T
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

David Vizard wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:49 am
digger wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:15 am better than most junk on youtube but would be better without 10min of sales tactics
With due respect for this opinion Digger how do you think I earn the money to do the tests so that I can produce the videos?

If you have any ideas that will help me finance the info that I pass along either free or for the lowly cost of a book please let me know.
I wouldn't worry about that, David. Pretty sure they browbeat anyone who uses logical thinking and advertises on the internet. I guess its against their personal feelings? I don't understand the problem. Others are free to advertise as they please yet they choose not to, then browbeat the people who do.

Its comparable to browbeating someone because they choose to port heads using a flow bench but you don't. So instead of getting with the program and getting themselves a bencb, they just verbally beat down anyone who uses one.

Its illogical at the most basic level.
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

The question of whether a head that flows more on a bench will actually make the most power is a valid one.
This is especially true for heads that have a lot of recirculating flow such as swirl on the bench.

A head that has a lot of swirl will often flow better numbers than it performs if the flow through the seat is helped by the recirculating flow.

One of the ways a running engine differs from a flow bench is that the recirculating flow does not have a constant shape to build up speed in (with the moving piston) and it does not have much time to do so.

It is sort of like when you spin the outer race of a ball bearing with an air nozzle. It spools up to amazing speeds but it takes time to do so.
Helping to Deliver the Promise of Flying Cars
Rimmo

Post by Rimmo »

Then add some fuel into the incoming air and see how much harder it is to change the inertia / direction of the charge compared to what you saw on the flow bench.
digger
Guru
Guru

Post by digger »

makin chips wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:25 pm
David Vizard wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:49 am

I wouldn't worry about that, David. Pretty sure they browbeat anyone who uses logical thinking and advertises on the internet. I guess its against their personal feelings? I don't understand the problem. Others are free to advertise as they please yet they choose not to, then browbeat the people who do.

Its comparable to browbeating someone because they choose to port heads using a flow bench but you don't. So instead of getting with the program and getting themselves a bencb, they just verbally beat down anyone who uses one.

Its illogical at the most basic level.
its not the advertising on the internet that i have issues with, its the advertising on this forum. it seems the only reason he posts tid bits is to generate more book/seminar/software sales which is not what the forums are about, theres a place for that elsewhere. many other experts on here share their thoughts and experiences without expectation of financial benefit. obviously sharing his technical knowledge and experience is encouraged.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

makin chips wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:56 pm
GARY C wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:12 am

Josh
Me too... What have your results shown? So if David Posts someone elses data you will accept his results?

If you don't care then why do you keep raising the question when DV has a 50 year rep for testing his work?

You are a grown man (I am guessing) so you can answer for your self...

If you want to further discuss this that you really shouldn't be part of you can call me at 214-793-3808!

Then you will see how you are clogging up others threads.

See how that works!
Gary, what does this have to do with him asking if David has any dyno results for those specific Vortec heads? You're way out in left field here and it started with your pissing and moaning when he asked David about any dyno tests of those specific Vortec heads AND THAT SPECIFIC PORT IN THAT SINGLE HEAD. Not ANY vortec head but THAT SPECIFIC VORTEC HEAD. Yet you misunderstood and took it as he was asking for ANY vortec dyno data. Then you flipped out.

You're the one in the wrong here, sir. I don't see how you don't understand this. Worst part is you keep on digging yourself a larger hole...and still don't see where you're wrong. Maybe it's time you stepped away from speedtalk. You're taking this crap WAY too personal when it has NOTHING to do with you.

All because you misunderstood what he asked and you're too proud to admit that you screwed up. Time to put your pride aside, Mr Gary C. Apologize. Then take inventory of what you did wrong here. It'll help to prevent it from happening in the future.
Things are not always what they seem but it all comes out in the wash!
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!