GARY C
HotPass
HotPass
Re: youtube Vortec porting videos - total BS

Post by GARY C »

RevTheory wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:25 pm
slo-svt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:03 pm
David Vizard wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:02 pm

Did you really need to ask that question????
DV
Is it not a valid question?
Maybe you should be more specific like "what are your thoughts on the top 10 dyno tests from one of the last 3 decades?"
When your young and naive you don't know the history or the reputation of the older guys it the industry.

Quoting Hank the crank.... "The only thing I know about David Vizard is that he is the only Tech Writer with a Dyno and He know how to use it!"
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
BradH
Guru
Guru

Post by BradH »

Carnut1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:53 pm
BradH wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:21 pm Just watched the Vortec video... whomever edited it cut out any shot of the finished intake guide modification, so it's not clear how much you removed.

I like the test where you clayed in the corner of the chamber where you stress not touching, and showed that it kept the intake flow from laying over at high lifts. Chamber do's and don'ts, regardless of head brand, interest me because that's the area where I have the least experience.
I would like to add that on my 083 thread my heads picked up flow by removing some shrouding in that corner. The 083 has a much lower ssr and different chamber design. Thanks, Charlie
I'll make a point of checking out your thread. I know every chamber is different, so it's all good stuff to me. Thanks - Brad
F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 »

What development level -version of this vortec head was dyno tested.? The "Super Port" with 1.94" valve version?

Or?

What was the tested TORQUE per CID output of the engine with this vortec head installed.? What was the compression ratio?
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

slo-svt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:51 pm
slo-svt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:03 pm

Is it not a valid question?
Maybe you should be more specific like "what are your thoughts on the top 10 dyno tests from one of the last 3 decades?"
Maybe I’m slow. What am I missing here. David’s response makes it sound like I asked a stupid question. Revtheory is making it sound like David has done hundreds of Dyno tests on vortec heads....if he has then surely my question would be as simple to respond to as I thought when I asked it. If not,a simple no would suffice.
Slo guy!.. What would you expect for power based on your on tests???.... Yours, NOT CGT's are Randy's tests, but your very own test?!
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

slo-svt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:51 pm..
Maybe I’m slow. What am I missing here. David’s response makes it sound like I asked a stupid question. Revtheory is making it sound like David has done hundreds of Dyno tests on vortec heads....if he has then surely my question would be as simple to respond to as I thought when I asked it. If not,a simple no would suffice.
I'm sure he'll weigh in to say he was joking, as in "This is me; of course I have all the data!" :lol: :lol:
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

MadBill wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:53 pm
slo-svt wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:51 pm..
I'm sure he'll weigh in to say he was joking, as in "This is me; of course I have all the data!" :lol: :lol:
I can say with total confidence that I think the V tech head is good based on others results but the closest i have been to them was replacing Intake gaskets on my 1997 Chevy 2500 Hd... God willing that will be my only experience with them. Then again I am not looking at it like a 12 year old living on someone else's coat tails.... That would be a completely different comment.
Please Note!
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

GARY C wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Slo guy!.. What would you expect for power based on your on tests???.... Yours, NOT CGT's are Randy's tests, but your very own test?!
Gary, you whole demeanor is really making me thing you can S p e i e r are on the same medication. I literally asked a very simple question. I simply asked if he had other results other than flow bench data on the port he was demonstrating in the video. In addition why does it matter who's engine I'm able to be a part of. If I'm at a dyno for 8 hours with people, trying things, making suggestions, analyzing data just the same as they are. Why does it matter who's engine it is? I stand to learn just as much as anyone there that day. I'm sure they will be doing the same with the engine I am building for REC. David is a grown man and can answer the question himself or just ignore me. I really don't care at this point. You can quit loosing your mind and act like an adult. If you want to further discuss this matter that you really shouldn't even be a part of feel free to PM me so we can quit clogging up someone else's thread.

Josh
Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it.

Albert Einstein
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

slo-svt wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:03 am
GARY C wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Gary, you whole demeanor is really making me thing you can S p e i e r are on the same medication. I literally asked a very simple question. I simply asked if he had other results other than flow bench data on the port he was demonstrating in the video. In addition why does it matter who's engine I'm able to be a part of. If I'm at a dyno for 8 hours with people, trying things, making suggestions, analyzing data just the same as they are. Why does it matter who's engine it is? I stand to learn just as much as anyone there that day. I'm sure they will be doing the same with the engine I am building for REC. David is a grown man and can answer the question himself or just ignore me. I really don't care at this point. You can quit loosing your mind and act like an adult. If you want to further discuss this matter that you really shouldn't even be a part of feel free to PM me so we can quit clogging up someone else's thread.

Josh
Me too... What have your results shown? So if David Posts someone elses data you will accept his results?

If you don't care then why do you keep raising the question when DV has a 50 year rep for testing his work?

You are a grown man (I am guessing) so you can answer for your self...

If you want to further discuss this that you really shouldn't be part of you can call me at 214-793-3808!

Then you will see how you are clogging up others threads.

See how that works!
Please Note!
JodyB
Pro
Pro

Post by JodyB »

Hey Slow svt josh, Google "David vizard sbc". 😁
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

GARY C wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:12 am
Me too... What have your results shown? So if David Posts someone elses data you will accept his results?

If you don't care then why do you keep raising the question when DV has a 50 year rep for testing his work?

If you want to further discuss this that you really shouldn't be part of you can call me at 214-793-3808!

See how that works!
Gary, I’m guessing you simply don’t know how to pm at this point since you didn’t do it last time I said it either. It’s really simple. Just click my screen name and click "send private message" button. Type whatever you want in there and hit send. It really is that easy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pure logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world; all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it.

Albert Einstein
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

slo-svt wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:28 am

See how that works!
Gary, I’m guessing you simply don’t know how to pm at this point since you didn’t do it last time I said it either. It’s really simple. Just click my screen name and click "send private message" button. Type whatever you want in there and hit send. It really is that easy.
Put down the pipe!
I responded to your (I am all that matters PM) last time... Actually I posted my number because I knew you were to chicken shit to have an actual conversation!... Check! I will be up porting for the next cpl of hours if you would like to talk.
Please Note!
modok
Guru
Guru

Post by modok »

Flow improvements that DO NOT result in overall improvement are probably the most interesting subject in head porting.
however, I didn't see any in the vid. Except, maybe where he put the clay, but, that would be GM's mistake not his.
Last edited by modok on Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
slo-svt

Post by slo-svt »

GARY C wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:38 am

See how that works!
Put down the pipe!
I responded to your (I am all that matters PM) last time... Actually I posted my number because I knew you were to chicken shit to have an actual conversation!... Check! I will be up porting for the next cpl of hours if you would like to talk.
Gary, you just arguing with yourself at this point. I’m not going to call you. Simply because I have no interest in speaking with a grown man who has the temperament of a child. A grown man who is mad that I asked another grown man an honest question. Can I not wonder how David’s heads compare to other vortec headed sbc engines out there in a real world application? Your really are pathetic.

Josh

Albert Einstein
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

slo-svt wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:59 am
GARY C wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:38 am

Put down the pipe!
Gary, you just arguing with yourself at this point. I’m not going to call you. Simply because I have no interest in speaking with a grown man who has the temperament of a child. A grown man who is mad that I asked another grown man an honest question. Can I not wonder how David’s heads compare to other vortec headed sbc engines out there in a real world application? Your really are pathetic.

Josh
I knew that when I posted my number... Just thought I would confirm what I already knew!
So I guess you don't have any of your own test data?
Please Note!
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Liked your video David, but the music was making it difficult to hear you. Maybe cut the music out next time, or turn it down.

I found that the pushrod pinch area acts like a sideways short side radius. It hooks the air toward the center of the cylinder which is why cutting it back usually reduces flow. If you do a valve job with a Sunnen 45 degree #17258 cutter and sink the valve job until the top 35 degree valve cut is all the way in, and then port the bowl to the bottom of the 82 degree cut (but don't cut into the 82 degree cut), you should pick up another 10 to 20 CFM across the board. Also, If you go with a 2.10 intake valve and cut back the SSR area and lower the floor down to around .900", you should get close to a 300 CFM intake port.
Joe Facciano