Moderator: David Vizard

David Vizard
Guru
Guru
Re: youtube Vortec porting videos - total BS

Post by David Vizard »

BradH wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:21 pm
David Vizard wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm
makin chips wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 pm Glad to have you back, David. Just wanted to wish you well on your continued recovery!
Thank you Mr. Chips sir.
DV
Peter O'Toole, IIRC... :lol:
Brad this is beyond my understanding at present - remember I'm the one that had the brain surgery!
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
BradH
Guru
Guru

Post by BradH »

David Vizard wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:46 pm
BradH wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:21 pm
David Vizard wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

Thank you Mr. Chips sir.
DV
Peter O'Toole, IIRC... :lol:
Brad this is beyond my understanding at present - remember I'm the one that had the brain surgery!
DV
:twisted: ==> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodbye,_ ... 69_film%29
Tom Walker
Pro
Pro

Post by Tom Walker »

Welcome back to the forum David, hope your recovery progresses well.I had open heart surgery about 6 weeks ago and laying in a hospital will help you prioritize what is important in life, and I agree with you, getting upset about differing opinions is not one of them. Time still above ground with good friends is important. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Tom Walker wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:48 pm Welcome back to the forum David, hope your recovery progresses well.I had open heart surgery about 6 weeks ago and laying in a hospital will help you prioritize what is important in life, and I agree with you, getting upset about differing opinions is not one of them. Time still above ground with good friends is important. Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery.
Thanks Tom,
Your comments are right on the money.
Hope you make a speedy recovery as well.
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
cv67
Guru
Guru

Post by cv67 »

Wow, didnt know...congrats
Need the frontal lobe worked on little too freaked out to
At least I have an excuse...lol
Take care
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

Quick question for Mr Vizard.

Do you have any say in whether your books are available in ebook format through Amazon/Kindle at all? I just thought I'd ask because I had some Kindle credits to spend so I went looking for your books and noticed that they were all only available in print form. Thanks.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

makin chips wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:48 pm Quick question for Mr Vizard.

Do you have any say in whether your books are available in ebook format through Amazon/Kindle at all? I just thought I'd ask because I had some Kindle credits to spend so I went looking for your books and noticed that they were all only available in print form. Thanks.
No, that's a publishers decision.

DV
makin chips
Pro
Pro

Post by makin chips »

Thanks.

For whatever reason, it was only listing physical books when I looked the first time. I did find the ebook versions when I looked again after making that post. Not sure why they didn't come up the first time.
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Hi David. Hope you are feeling better. Do you think your health issues were caused by anything in the automotive field? I know there's a lot of nasty chemicals out there that we work with. Grinding on heads probably doesn't help either.
Joe Facciano
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

JoePorting wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:25 pm Hi David. Hope you are feeling better. Do you think your health issues were caused by anything in the automotive field? I know there's a lot of nasty chemicals out there that we work with. Grinding on heads probably doesn't help either.
Joe,
Although there is a little of the domino effect here it is directly related to heavy impacts and concussions back when. Modern race safety measures would have probably prevented this episode.

DV
tt 383
Expert
Expert

Post by tt 383 »

David Vizard wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:40 pm
JoePorting wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:25 pm Hi David. Hope you are feeling better. Do you think your health issues were caused by anything in the automotive field? I know there's a lot of nasty chemicals out there that we work with. Grinding on heads probably doesn't help either.
Joe,
Although there is a little of the domino effect here it is directly related to heavy impacts and concussions back when. Modern race safety measures would have probably prevented this episode.

DV
David there is this thing called a hammer, I have found it more useful than my head when pounding square pegs through round holes... Hope all is well.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

tt 383 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:45 pm
David Vizard wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:40 pm
Joe,

DV
David there is this thing called a hammer, I have found it more useful than my head when pounding square pegs through round holes... Hope all is well.
Mr. TT 383,

Thanks for your well wishes. They tell me that for a guy of 76 I am recovering remarkable well (so far).

My first foray back doing the porting seminars is July 8th with a one on one client. If I do well I will host the next seminar soon thereafter for the 3 that have already signed up.

Fingers crossed here.
Thanks
DV
smokie

Post by smokie »

as always David, very classy. the way you addressed the arguing on here, just pure class. there are very few people in the hot rod world that hasn't heard of David Vizard, Joe Sherman or the late greats John Lingenfelter or Joe Mondello. even some old time car nuts. i grew up with you guys, but not everyone has. i'm sure no disrespect was intended from anyone.

watching your video opened my eyes to a couple things i've been doing wrong myself as a novice. i never thought of the pinch acting like a ssr, & i thought that 1/4" ball had to clear all the way around the valve. that's great information to have. thank you for that.

thanks for the video sir & i hope you're feeling better.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

I am glad the vortec video is going down so well. We have a couple more in the pipe line on porting. the one I am working on at present with my new intern is low buck high result porting od a set of 289 heads.
another in the works is taking a certain aftermarket casting and very quickly turning it into a head as good as the best of the CNC heads. that is a good way to save yourself about $800.
DV
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Well I got to look at the stats for the vortec porting video. It is still going strong in spite of being postes some months back.
Link:-
DV