PRI Seminar- big expansion

Moderator: David Vizard

David Vizard
Guru
Guru
PRI Seminar- big expansion

Post by David Vizard »

I have been asked to do seminars at PRI again this year. I am doing a 1 hour seminar each for Scat and Goodson plus a 3 hour one for the PRI management. The 1 hour seminars for Scat and Goodson will be the usual format ie last of the day presentation so things can run into after show closure time.
As for the PRI seminar they are looking to explore something a little more adventurous than the regular 1 hour deals. Basically they are starting with a blank sheet of paper and, at the present time, have agreed to let me and the team I will put together a free hand in how this 3 hour show will be done. The team and I will make sure that this seminar promises far more than just a regular style lecture. We are planing on going not just to the next level here but hopefully at least a level or so above that.

For this 3 hour PRI run seminar we are going to attempt to load it up with visuals so attendees can see what presenters (there will be other guest presenters apart from what I will be doing) are trying to verbally put over to the audience.

I have some guest speakers in mind already but I see this as an opportunity for some of the more adventurous ST posters to come up and do a 'show and tell' on any power orientated product they may have and want to get some air time on. The whole seminar will be videoed so some publicity is there to be had.

As we move toward PRI date I will let you know what we have organized in the way of attendee promotions. The plan is each attendee will collect a ticket at the door for a drawing. I am hoping that there will be some really good prizes even to the extent of a set of cylinder heads.

What I am looking for here is subject suggestions and promo speed parts plus some volunteers for the show and tell part of the seminar.

If you have an idea applicable in any department don't hesitate. (remember he who hesitates gets shot by the guy who is faster on the draw)

DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Re: PRI Seminar- big expansion

Post by Carnut1 »

David, If you could use my help I will be there. Thanks, Charlie
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

David Vizard wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:36 pm I have been asked to do seminars at PRI again this year. I am doing a 1 hour seminar each for Scat and Goodson plus a 3 hour one for the PRI management. The 1 hour seminars for Scat and Goodson will be the usual format ie last of the day presentation so things can run into after show closure time.
As for the PRI seminar they are looking to explore something a little more adventurous than the regular 1 hour deals. Basically they are starting with a blank sheet of paper and, at the present time, have agreed to let me and the team I will put together a free hand in how this 3 hour show will be done. The team and I will make sure that this seminar promises far more than just a regular style lecture. We are planing on going not just to the next level here but hopefully at least a level or so above that.

For this 3 hour PRI run seminar we are going to attempt to load it up with visuals so attendees can see what presenters (there will be other guest presenters apart from what I will be doing) are trying to verbally put over to the audience.

I have some guest speakers in mind already but I see this as an opportunity for some of the more adventurous ST posters to come up and do a 'show and tell' on any power orientated product they may have and want to get some air time on. The whole seminar will be videoed so some publicity is there to be had.

As we move toward PRI date I will let you know what we have organized in the way of attendee promotions. The plan is each attendee will collect a ticket at the door for a drawing. I am hoping that there will be some really good prizes even to the extent of a set of cylinder heads.

What I am looking for here is subject suggestions and promo speed parts plus some volunteers for the show and tell part of the seminar.

If you have an idea applicable in any department don't hesitate. (remember he who hesitates gets shot by the guy who is faster on the draw)

DV
With everything else you have going on why would you even consider it?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Gary,
your comment:-With everything else you have going on why would you even consider it?

Answer:- I'm a workaholic with a passion for what I do - but you already knew that.

DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Carnut1 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 pm David, If you could use my help I will be there. Thanks, Charlie
Charlie,

Thanks for the offer. When I get a little better and get back to the exciting stuff I may just take you up on that offer.

Charlie - have you ever done any spintron testing? it looks like my near future has a bunch in it and some help might just be in order.
DV
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

David Vizard wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:22 am
Carnut1 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:18 pm David, If you could use my help I will be there. Thanks, Charlie
Charlie,

Thanks for the offer. When I get a little better and get back to the exciting stuff I may just take you up on that offer.

Charlie - have you ever done any spintron testing? it looks like my near future has a bunch in it and some help might just be in order.
DV
No, not spintron teating. I did plenty real world more rpm than I should have! Interesting and expensive learning curve. Thanks, Charlie
631-816-4911
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

David Vizard wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:43 am Gary,
your comment:-With everything else you have going on why would you even consider it?

Answer:- I'm a workaholic with a passion for what I do - but you already knew that.

DV
Yes, Yes I do... Thats why I said what I said. :)
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBERS AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

I do like spintron testing but I thought it was off due to not having pressures and temperatures that actually exist during an engine running on the valves. Thanks, Charlie
631-816-4911
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Carnut1 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:27 am I do like spintron testing but I thought it was off due to not having pressures and temperatures that actually exist during an engine running on the valves. Thanks, Charlie
Would that be any different then trying to gather data from a flow bench?
Please Note!
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

GARY C wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:30 am
Carnut1 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:27 am I do like spintron testing but I thought it was off due to not having pressures and temperatures that actually exist during an engine running on the valves. Thanks, Charlie
Gary, the part guys seem to not get when it comes to flow bench testing is that it gives you a snapshot of what is happening at each lift point. Would it be better with the pressures and temperatures involved? No doubt, that is actual engine testing. Does spintron like flowbench testing give you insight on what is happening? Yes. Spinton deals with momentum and weights which the pressures would directly act on the valve. The other issue is cost, I managed to buy a flowbench but doubt I will be able to pickup a spintron any time soon. You do make a good point. Thanks, Charlie
631-816-4911
GARY C
HotPass
HotPass

Post by GARY C »

Carnut1 wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:02 am
GARY C wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:30 am
Gary, the part guys seem to not get when it comes to flow bench testing is that it gives you a snapshot of what is happening at each lift point. Would it be better with the pressures and temperatures involved? No doubt, that is actual engine testing. Does spintron like flowbench testing give you insight on what is happening? Yes. Spinton deals with momentum and weights which the pressures would directly act on the valve. The other issue is cost, I managed to buy a flowbench but doubt I will be able to pickup a spintron any time soon. You do make a good point. Thanks, Charlie
Yes thats my point, neither are valid, neither are invalid but both are very instructive as to what is valid.
Please Note!
3V Performance
Vendor

Post by 3V Performance »

Spintrons and flow benches HAVE propelled this industry to great strides. Perfect? NO. But then again has anything we done been perfect duplication of a running engine? They are both great tools. One more expensive then the other BUT the most valuable tool is the operator and how he/she deciphers the data and makes changes with said tools.
3V Performance
" ENGINES WITH AN ATTITUDE "
980-222-7230
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

3V Performance wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:58 am Spintrons and flow benches HAVE propelled this industry to great strides. Perfect? NO. But then again has anything we done been perfect duplication of a running engine? They are both great tools. One more expensive then the other BUT the most valuable tool is the operator and how he/she deciphers the data and makes changes with said tools.
Tom,
That was a bullseye score!!!
DV
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

For some reason, HotPass members were not allowed to post on this thread, but they can now.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

GUYS,
I HAVE FROM 4 TO AS MUCH AS 6 HOURS oF SEMINAR TIME at PRI!

The plan here is to call on select attendees who have something very relevant to what we do here - make more power. I have some very interesting well respected industry members already lined up to each do a 15 minute spot.

If you have any new products/services that involve some clever engineering now is the time for you to let me know about it so you can get some publicity with those folk that matter i.e. the pro's in the industry.

PM me with what you think you would like to promote.
DV