Scott Foxwell Challenge

Moderator: David Vizard

David Vizard
Guru
Guru
Scott Foxwell Challenge

Post by David Vizard »

Sorry I've been out of circulation for a while. Got back from PRI and me, and most of my guys came down with flu'. In my case it proved a little more severe than just flu. It turned out that I was finally diagnosed with flu, a mild case of pneumonia, and bronchitis. The fact that my lungs are largely incapacitated meant that this hit me pretty hard. This is my first day back in the office actually doing something.

So everything that I planned to do in the last few weeks got put on the back burner. Still here's what I'm attempting to do at the moment. First I had planned on taking up the subject of port shadow, port bias, the definition of the Detroit lien, the definition of port hipping and a few other things.

But stealing the focal point here is my cam debate challenge I have just thrown out to Scott Foxwell. Scott is insistent that I know little about optimal cam event timing and what I possibly do know is misleading.He is also far from shy about letting folk know what he thinks of my cam tech. Scott is now on the receiving end so I am wondering just how much criticism he can deal with or work with too substantiate his position. Now as anyone who has been to one of my seminars (you know - it's the one's I do that are attended by winning ProStock and sometimes NASCAR engine builders. Also a sprinkling of F1 guys are in the mix as well) will know all of my stuff is based on many race and championship wins.

Here is what I have done:- I am sure that all those who attended my seminars will agree that I go to great lengths present highly functional information such as to further their abilities to build race winning engines by a far greater amount than just the sum of money they're paying to attend. To this end I have offered to pay Scott $500 plus his travel expenses if he will come down to my next 3 day seminar and address my attendees on the correct way to select a camshaft. I have mentally allotted 2 hours so I will be paying Scott $250 an hour. Does this seem a fair reimbursement? There is no hiding behind trade secrets here as my attendees have to sign a non-disclosure agreement so any of Scott's trade secrets will stay with them. This will allow attendees to judge for themselves which way, his or my mine, has the most merit when selecting camshafts.

We can also look at how comprehensive his databank is compared with mine and the depth of the test regimes.

Just so that the audience is not skewed I've also offered to let him bring along two or three associates of his who have same mindset with camshafts selecting. I'm betting by the time the seminar is through they will see things my way unless of course they are really good at burying their heads in the sand and discounting hard-won dyno data.

Here is what I think will happen when confronted with the fact that he will have to deliver hard-core facts to an audience who is not stupid. I'm betting right now he's thinking of all the ways he can backpedal his way out of this but whichever way he goes is going to find out that he's on the losing end.

Let me just say something else here Scott. I'm not sure you understand that I could have made your company a lot of money but I just don't think you are bright enough to have seen that. So let's see how you fare on a one-on-one confrontation. let's see if you actually have the cojones to come through with this instead of backstabbing all the time.

I am going to video this confrontation for youtube regardless of who wins this shootout. I will make a bet that it will rocket up the hit list!!!!

DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Re: Scott Foxwell Challenge

Post by RevTheory »

I'm guessing Straub is done making the changes he felt were necessary to Controlled Induction. Just a guess; don't quote me as gospel.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

In my rush to challenge Scott Foxwell to debate his point on cam events in my last post I forgot to mention, out of the list I did give. ie So everything that I planned to do in the last few weeks got put on the back burner. Still here's what I'm attempting to do at the moment. First I had planned on taking up the subject of port shadow, port bias, the definition of the Detroit lien, the definition of port hipping and a few other things. The 'hyper-scavenge plateau'
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

There's very little traffic back here David but I'm sure curious as to your thoughts on the Detroit Lean (fun time) and the scavenge plateau.
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Guess what guys??? Other than some sarcastic replies still no word from Scott Foxwell on if and when here will take up my challenge to him to set me straight on my cam speccing tech. Can anyone tell me why this seems to be the case????

DV
digger
Guru
Guru

Post by digger »

surely someone could organise an actual cam challenge that several people with big mouths could get in on.....
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

digger wrote:
> surely someone could organise an actual cam challenge that several people
> with big mouths could get in on.....

^^^
408 Nova
Pro
Pro

Post by 408 Nova »

David,

I say offer the challenge to anyone who continually dogs you out about your cam selection tech. There are plenty of naysayers on here that do it quite often whenever your name is mentioned, while offering not one shred of cam selection expertise to replace yours with. They offer up no relevant dyno information, fail to mention how many dyno runs they have on how many different platforms, fail to say how many races they have won and lost or how many championships they have, and have no viable replacement cam selection process of their own to share with us, whatsoever.

They also don't offer up their knowledge of their cam selection process based on their experience for all to see for cheap in one of the many books they have written.

I have followed your advice since about 1990. I've been beat up a couple of times on here myself for following your advice, and that's alright. But I can say that using your advice has made anything I've ever built faster than using magazine tech, or trying to figure it out on my own, because I don't own a dyno (yet), and I for one appreciate your work.
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

David Vizard wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:57 am Guess what guys??? Other than some sarcastic replies still no word from Scott Foxwell
Well, he can't comment here, because he's not a member.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

CamKing wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:36 am
David Vizard wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:57 am Guess what guys??? Other than some sarcastic replies still no word from Scott Foxwell
Well, he can't comment here, because he's not a member.
Mikey,

I am desperate to find out from Scott and possibly others how to spec a cam so I can deliver accurate tech to all those attending my seminars.

Can I post my challenge to Scott et al on the open forum so I can get a reply????
DV
digger
Guru
Guru

Post by digger »

better to start posting on YB
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

David Vizard wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:40 pm

I am desperate to find out from Scott and possibly others how to spec a cam so I can deliver accurate tech to all those attending my seminars.

Can I post my challenge to Scott et al on the open forum so I can get a reply????
DV
He's not a member on SpeedTalk, so he won't see it.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

digger wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:19 am better to start posting on YB
Yes, Scott Foxwell is a member on Yellow Bullet. There is a 5 page (as of now) thread in the TOBT section about this and he has yet to post in that thread.

https://www.yellowbullet.com/threads/i- ... t.2619992/

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
pastry_chef
Pro
Pro

Post by pastry_chef »

Another option would be to post on chevelles.com, he spends time there.

https://www.chevelles.com/forums/member ... lcomp.html
Mike R
67 Nova
Pro
Pro

Post by 67 Nova »

So any update on this? Is Scott going to step up???

STILL hasn't said anything on YB.com? I'm not a member of Team Chevelle anymore since Scott got me booted for disagreeing with his results and poking holes in his theories. So I can't post on there to get his attention!