EQ – all-time best BBC iron heads?

Moderator: David Vizard

David Vizard
Guru
Guru
Re: EQ – all-time best BBC iron heads?

Post by David Vizard »

Sorry guys almost overlooked doing this but here is the port energy density of my students design of big block Chevy port as applied to the EQ iron heads.

This graph of course won't mean much to many of you as you will have little reference points here but if those lines within the lift range we are using go much over 20 with a big block Chevy head we can say that the port is in the top 5% of what you can expect to get out there. Most big block Chevy heads don't make it to the 20 foot-pounds per square inch per foot length port mark even at lifts high as 800 thousandths. All in all these iron EQ heads really do appear to be the best iron heads out there along with their ability to compete with many recognize successful aluminum high-performance heads.

My assessment of the cylinder heads then is that they are top-of-the-line for iron heads and if we're just talking about heads in general they are amongst the best out there. For those of you who are interested I have produced a YouTube video so watch out for that it will take a close look at some of the things my talented student applied to them.

DV
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

David, do you still have that mold laying around? I'm anxious to see your new videos, too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory »

I haven't been teased this much since high school, lol
rapidride2
HotPass
HotPass

Post by rapidride2 »

SERIOUSLY thinking about purchasing a.set of these heads for somewhat of a street sleeper project.

Anyone know if there Is there anyone out there with a CNC program for these heads or who is working these heads by hand?
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

rapidride2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:59 pm SERIOUSLY thinking about purchasing a.set of these heads for somewhat of a street sleeper project.

Anyone know if there Is there anyone out there with a CNC program for these heads or who is working these heads by hand?
Two places to go to thjat I know can do a good job right down to getting the best port energy as well as good flow so big torque & HP #'s are about as close to sure fire as you can get.

#1 Chad Speier :-www.SpeierRacingHeads.com
#2 Charlie at ------- sorry brain surgery damage strikes again. I canot remember Charlies contact details - can someone help out here?
DV
David Vizard Small Group Performance Seminars - held about every 2 months. My shop or yours. Contact for seminar deails - davidvizardseminar@gmail.com for details.
rapidride2
HotPass
HotPass

Post by rapidride2 »

H ummm. Would it be Abbott Racing heads?

I have heard he has done a ton of these heads for pulling trucks.
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

David Vizard wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:12 pm
rapidride2 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:59 pm SERIOUSLY thinking about purchasing a.set of these heads for somewhat of a street sleeper project.

Two places to go to thjat I know can do a good job right down to getting the best port energy as well as good flow so big torque & HP #'s are about as close to sure fire as you can get.

#2 Charlie at ------- sorry brain surgery damage strikes again. I canot remember Charlies contact details - can someone help out here?
DV
David,
Are you talking about Charlie Servedio?

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
David Vizard
Guru
Guru

Post by David Vizard »

Stan Weiss wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:02 pm
David Vizard wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:12 pm

DV
David,
Are you talking about Charlie Servedio?

Stan
Yes!
DV
rapidride2
HotPass
HotPass

Post by rapidride2 »

Thanks for the 2 leads. Right now I'm still pondering between these and the AFR 290 Oval ports for a future 496 build.
rapidride2
HotPass
HotPass

Post by rapidride2 »

Well, its been a while.

These heads are no longer manufactured.

This is the story of my life.
I could eventually really crave any type of red apple and go to the grocery store and they would be completely out of ANY red apples.

Does anyone have the RHS or Engine Quest 320cc iron heads in virgin form?

If so feel free to reach out.

Thanks