Cam Master

Moderator: David Vizard

skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Cam Master

Post by skinny z »

(Editing is difficult in this forum)
Is there a workaround to what's happening above with the ever increasing overlap?

The cam spec that's generated with 72 degrees of overlap, despite resulting in the error message is very much along the line of Torque Master.
About 288/288 with a 108 LSA on a 104 ICL. (Single pattern selected in TM). Peak HP RPM @ 6300.
Kevin
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

skinny z wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:08 pm (Editing is difficult in this forum)
Is there a workaround to what's happening above with the ever increasing overlap?

The cam spec that's generated with 72 degrees of overlap, despite resulting in the error message is very much along the line of Torque Master.
About 288/288 with a 108 LSA on a 104 ICL. (Single pattern selected in TM). Peak HP RPM @ 6300.
Kevin,
TMC and CamMaster are different in how they work and that can cause differences in the cam recommended. For one thing TMC tells you what your head flow should be and CamMaster uses what your head flow is as a input.

Stan
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

Thanks Stan.

I'm going to continue experimenting and see where I end up.
I'm starting to see a few cause and effect scenarios and will pursue that a little further.
Thanks again.
Kevin
firstgencamaro
HotPass
HotPass

Post by firstgencamaro »

Hello, I just paid for a 1 year subscription to this site so I would be able to see and download either Cam Master or Torque master. I was able to download the Cam master zip file and install but it gives me a "Sorry but this version of the software is Out Dated". Can anyone help me out on this? Much appreciated!
Stan Weiss
Vendor

Post by Stan Weiss »

firstgencamaro wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:22 am Hello, I just paid for a 1 year subscription to this site so I would be able to see and download either Cam Master or Torque master. I was able to download the Cam master zip file and install but it gives me a "Sorry but this version of the software is Out Dated". Can anyone help me out on this? Much appreciated!
The TMC / Torque Master Program is not available at this time.

The Cam Master program is something I worked on for most of 2021 and stopped at the end of October of that year for a number of different reasons. The program was never close to being a production program. I posted a couple of different versions of Cam Master here to get some feedback.

This version should not timeout for you.

Stan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stan Weiss/World Wide Enterprises
Offering Performance Software Since 1987
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/carfor.htm
David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

Hey Stan.
Thanks for posting that.
I've burned through my 90 day trial of TM and compiled a lot of data. Its been a useful tool when comparing the various recommendations I've solicited prior to pulling the trigger on the new cam (yes, it's imminent!).
I had a version of Cam Master as well. As I'm in holding pattern at the moment (for reasons explained elsewhere) I may experiment with CM again. There's been a few changes in the build path, most notably the CID.
Thanks again.
Kevin
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

Downloaded successfully.
Kevin