HotPass

Re: D V Live now.

Post by skinny z »

Carnut1 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:07 pm
skinny z wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:19 pm
Carnut1 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:08 am D.V. did the combination,
As in the cam spec as well?
Yes, he used his torquemaster program.
Go figure. That's an interesting program for sure but mentioning it here tends to have a thread end badly.
Since we're on the subject DV, how did that entry fare as far as being competitive?
Kevin
Bigchief632
Pro
Pro

Post by Bigchief632 »

skinny z wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:11 pm
skinny z wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:19 pm

As in the cam spec as well?
Go figure. That's an interesting program for sure but mentioning it here tends to have a thread end badly.
Since we're on the subject DV, how did that entry fare as far as being competitive?
2nd to last. But the last place guy dnf'd but made more power.
Maximum power using simple logic and common sense
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

Bigchief632 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 pm

Ouch.
Kevin
Warp Speed
Guru
Guru

Post by Warp Speed »

skinny z wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:38 pm
Bigchief632 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 pm

Ouch.
#-o
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

So his Cam design's work real well to come 2nd last....... :oops:
HQM383
HotPass
HotPass

Post by HQM383 »

bob460 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:32 pm So his Cam design's work real well to come 2nd last....... :oops:
Cognitive dissonance and pride will not let that be a contributing factor though.
I’m a Street/Strip guy..... like to think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram.
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

bob460 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:32 pm So his Cam design's work real well to come 2nd last....... :oops:
Wouldn't you think there's more to it than that?
Lots of work on the intake as shown but out of the box heads? CNC'd or otherwise from Dart, you'd think someone would get in there and massage them a little.
Something doesn't seem right.
It'd be interesting to know the cam spec's and follow the Torque Master program to see how it how it played out.
Kevin
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

HQM383 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:46 pm
Cognitive dissonance and pride will not let that be a contributing factor though.
True enough. And there does seem to be an element of both in recent videos and posts.
But it's hard to argue the guys experience.
Kevin
Tom68
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Tom68 »

I know nothing about the EMC events but even 2nd last is only bad if you're way off first place.
Ignorance leads to confidence more often than knowledge does.
Nah, I'm not leaving myself out of the ignorant brigade....at times.
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

Tom68 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:19 pm I know nothing about the EMC events but even 2nd last is only bad if you're way off first place.
Couldn't find an entry list or results for the 5 years years the Race Engine Challenge has been running (since 2018 as far as I could tell). Not to be confused with the Engine Masters Challenge (EMC). Plenty of web hits but nothing specific in the list department that I could find.
Kevin
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

As a side note in general, and they say we don't race dynos. Damn right we do and it's great racing IMO.
Kevin
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

Bigchief632 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:37 pm 2nd to last. But the last place guy dnf'd but made more power.
Please cite your sources Bigchief. I could find little about the results since it's inception in 2018 (but that may be wrong as well). I found plenty of video and description but lacking in the entry list and results department.
You look to have an inside track on that so that's why I'm asking.
Thanks.
Kevin
HQM383
HotPass
HotPass

Post by HQM383 »

skinny z wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:14 pm
True enough. And there does seem to be an element of both in recent videos and posts.
DV is one where I have a foot in both camps to a degree. I have respect for him and what he has done over the years to contribute to Motorsport and certainly to providing a wealth of knowledge to guys like you and I over the years through his publications but he has to acknowledge he is not the only one that has the years of experience he does and has done what he has over the years and therefore there’s a chance others research, testing and conclusions may be just as, if not more valid than his.
I’m a Street/Strip guy..... like to think outside the quadrilateral parallelogram.
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

HQM383 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:48 pm
skinny z wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:14 pm
DV is one where I have a foot in both camps to a degree. I have respect for him and what he has done over the years to contribute to Motorsport and certainly to providing a wealth of knowledge to guys like you and I over the years through his publications but he has to acknowledge he is not the only one that has the years of experience he does and has done what he has over the years and therefore there’s a chance others research, testing and conclusions may be just as, if not more valid than his.
I couldn't agree more.
My bias is that SBC's are my interest and it's a core of his program development and content. There's a lot there for sure but I'll still look for more input.
That said, his Torque Master suggestions for what's next for me are intriguing but they're certainly not exclusive.
I'll have to shop and compare.
Kevin
bob460
Expert
Expert

Post by bob460 »

skinny z wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:08 pm
Wouldn't you think there's more to it than that?
Lots of work on the intake as shown but out of the box heads? CNC'd or otherwise from Dart, you'd think someone would get in there and massage them a little.
Something doesn't seem right.
It'd be interesting to know the cam spec's and follow the Torque Master program to see how it how it played out.
Sure their is, BUT once you enter a engine building contest, don't you think you would build it to the BEST of your abilities for the given rule's! Not just enter for the sake of it...............money and EGO'S are up for the taking....lol.

But in the last 10 years his health and other problem's have not gone his way, the technology in the last 10 years has changed also, and i don't think he has done the testing like he did 20-30 years ago. It just come's across as he is the only one that can spec a cam, and his way is the right way.