3D Printing

SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

3D Printing

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

I am considering the purchase of a large format 3D printer that can print high temperature materials.

It would be capable of printing prototype intake manifolds, foundry patterns and other things of that scale.

I am curious to know what the level of interest is in having thing printed from your CAD models and or having ideas modeled for you and then printed or manufactured in other ways.

3D printing of large scale objects such as an intake manifold might cost in the range of $1000 if you already have a 3D model.
Having a manifold modelled could range from $500 to $3000 depending on the complexity, data supplied, and data I already have.

Durability of a printed manifold is variable. My experience has been with using ABS. It is inexpensive and easy to print but is only good for testing. Ideally on a dyno.
As I experiment with other materials perhaps a more durable manifold is possible, time will tell.

Please leave a comment about your level of interest and how vetting a CAD model together is possible or not for you.
Helping to Deliver the Promise of Flying Cars