Speed Talk being redirected to GoDaddy

This subforum is used to ask questions about this forum, read howto-tutorials about posting/attaching images and videos. General maintenance alerts and upcoming updates will be also notified here.

Moderator: Team

enigma57
Guru
Guru

Speed Talk being redirected to GoDaddy

Post by enigma57 »

When I first attempted to pull up the Speed Talk website (actually, the first several times just now)...... It was automatically redirected to GoDaddy and a notification that says the domain name expired 6/3/2020 and is available.

I noticed that tonight...... The web brouser was incorrectly entering an address with the dash missing from between the words 'Speed' and 'Talk'. So I manually entered the dash and the website came up.

Then went through the 'Server Timing Out' drill for multiple tries and after 15 minutes, was finally able to log on without the server timing out and bumping me off.

Just wanted to let you know about the site being redirected to GoDaddy.

Best regards,

Harry
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Re: Speed Talk being redirected to GoDaddy

Post by enigma57 »

FWIW...... Web browser still redirecting to GoDaddy and advertising the website as being for sale. Still fixing it by manually typing in a dash between the words 'Speed' and 'Talk'. Happens every time I attempt to pull up the website.

Server timing out less often the past week, but that's always hit and miss for me when attempting to pull up the site.

Best regards,

Harry
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by speedtalk »

enigma57 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:08 pm FWIW...... Web browser still redirecting to GoDaddy and advertising the website as being for sale. Still fixing it by manually typing in a dash between the words 'Speed' and 'Talk'. Happens every time I attempt to pull up the website.

Server timing out less often the past week, but that's always hit and miss for me when attempting to pull up the site.

Best regards,

Harry
That's because the correct web address is www.speed-talk.com.
When I bought the forum, I wasn't able to by the old address(speedtalk.com)
for the last year, if you typed in the old address, it redirected you to the new address. Since the owner of the old address decided not to renew it, it will no longer redirect you to the new address.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Thanks, Mike! Computers are a mystery to me. The being redirected thing has gone on for a week now. Tonight is the first time it hasn't happened in that time. Thought it was a web browser issue. But what you say makes perfect sense now that I think about it. Much appreciated.

Best regards,

Harry
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

The owner of speedtalk.com, just renewed it, so we're good for a while, but you should bookmark the new address www.speed-talk.com
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

:D Thanks, Mike! I'll remember to do so.

Best regards,

Harry