The David Vizard Forum and His Absence

This subforum is used to ask questions about this forum, read howto-tutorials about posting/attaching images and videos. General maintenance alerts and upcoming updates will be also notified here.

Moderator: Team

skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

The David Vizard Forum and His Absence

Post by skinny z »

One of the reasons I elected to purchase a Hot Pass membership was the "exclusivity" of having a forum chat with DV.
He hasn't participated in that forum since March of this year. That takes a little wind out of the membership sails for me.
I see he's plenty busy with his Pro Tec videos (which are interesting enough).
I don't suppose there's any indication of when he might return here for some Q & A?
Or maybe ST releasing the DV forum (or more specifically the Torque Master thread) to the general population? I'd like to reply to a couple of posts but am excluded because my membership has expired. Kind of funny too in that a question I posed about TM in the general forum was moved to DV's forum and I couldn't reply to my own post or the replies that followed...
Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Kevin
speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The David Vizard Forum and His Absence

Post by speedtalk »

All things "David Vizard" go in the David Vizard Forum. This is to keep David's detractors from hijacking the treads.
Maybe David hasn't participated in the forum since March, is because no one in the forum, has asked him any questions in the last 3 months.
Stan seems to be handling all the questions on the TM thread, and since he's the one that's doing the programming, that makes sense.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Re: The David Vizard Forum and His Absence

Post by skinny z »

Fair enough. Especially the detractors part. DV answered a couple of my queries which I appreciated (as I do with most responses) but then kind of went away. I'm sure he'll be back.
And yes, Stan has been very helpful in my sorting out the TM trial offer.
It may that I'll have to renew. I'd like the opinion of a few here that have worked with TM as well as experience with other means of cam spec'ing both real and virtual.
Thanks.
Kevin