We are currently running on the new domain and server: www.Speed-Talk.com

IMPORTANT: Update your bookmarks to https://www.speed-talk.com/forum/
(Right-click the URL and select "Bookmark this link")

Valve train control loss question

hoodeng
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Valve train control loss question

Post by hoodeng » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:27 am

Mike's suggestion is now first stop.

I would have expected some visual evidence, can you see a single rocker pattern? or is the tip clean?

On the stuff i do i give the tips a light face each time they are apart so i can see if/when something is changing.

Cheers.

JoePorting
HotPass
HotPass

Post by JoePorting » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:45 am

I'd take a look at the pushrods to see if there's any strange wear patterns on any of them. Maybe they are rubbing against the intake port or valve cover.

Could also be an ignition issue or electrical issue. Maybe sparkplug wires are old. Maybe rotor phasing is off. Maybe run ground wires instead of using a chassis ground. Maybe even a fuel pressure issue. Could be other issues.
Joe Facciano

curtis reed
HotPass
HotPass

Post by curtis reed » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:17 am

JoePorting wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:45 am
I'd take a look at the pushrods to see if there's any strange wear patterns on any of them. Maybe they are rubbing against the intake port or valve cover.

Could also be an ignition issue or electrical issue. Maybe sparkplug wires are old. Maybe rotor phasing is off. Maybe run ground wires instead of using a chassis ground. Maybe even a fuel pressure issue. Could be other issues.
Honestly there isn't any pushrod interference or strange wear patterns on them or the valve tips. I just don't run much 1/4 to be hitting the rpm problem area. I would just like to be able to turn it up to a higher shift point if I wanted to and over 7000 is an issue. Not sure when I will be able to get back out now but I appreciate everyone's input.