New "Valvetrain" Advanced Tech Forum

speedtalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
New "Valvetrain" Advanced Tech Forum

Post by speedtalk »

For all HotPass members, this is the place to ask your valvetrain tech questions.
viewforum.php?f=76

Just click on "New Topic", to ask your valvetrain related questions.
You will only receive responses from our Speed-Talk Vendors, and other HotPass members.
In Memory of Don Terrill
SpeedTalk Owner/Admin
RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Re: New "Valvetrain" Advanced Tech Forum

Post by RevTheory »

I was going to ask Mike a similar question on a thread from a couple of weeks ago.

Things like seat angle, throat velocity, etc. came to mind. I was going to ask him out of all the data that a guy could get from a flow bench, what would be his most useful top three?
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

RevTheory wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:36 am I was going to ask Mike a similar question on a thread from a couple of weeks ago.

Things like seat angle, throat velocity, etc. came to mind. I was going to ask him out of all the data that a guy could get from a flow bench, what would be his most useful top three?
Mid-lift flow
Lift point where port goes turbulent
Port velocity at MCA
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
skinny z
HotPass
HotPass

Post by skinny z »

CamKing wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:02 am
RevTheory wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:36 am I was going to ask Mike a similar question on a thread from a couple of weeks ago.

Mid-lift flow
Lift point where port goes turbulent
Port velocity at MCA
What's your take on low lift flow? Say, .050" - .200". My understanding is at these levels, the seat profile has the greatest impact. And for reference, I'm talking about the typically sized 2.02" intake on a Gen 1 SBC.
Kevin
dannobee
Expert
Expert

Post by dannobee »

Seat AND valve profile. You can usually pick up low and mid lift flow by adding a back cut or two on the intake valves. And on the seat profile, I've seen improved flow by using 75 degree cuts instead of or in conjunction with a 60 degree cut.