292" engine head chamber pictures.

Engine tech, for those engines, products, and technologies of yesteryear.

Moderator: Team

pdq67
Guru
Guru
292" engine head chamber pictures.

Post by pdq67 »

Would somebody please post up the 292" Ford engines heads combustion chambers.

I want to say the super charged engines hi-po- head and the stock head so I can see the difference in them.

And I might have asked in the past???

Thanks,

pdq67
Mummert
Expert
Expert

Re: 292" engine head chamber pictures.

Post by Mummert »

I don't have any pics right now, but its pretty simple the blower heads and the 471 truck heads have big ugly chambers that over hang the bore really really bad. The ECZ-G heads and the 113 heads that are considered performance heads have the same ports and valve sizes, the chambers are quite bit smaller 7-10cc and over hang the bore pretty bad.
These heads have the potential to flow as good as many other iron OEM heads,, BUT they are finicky, lots of direction changes, ultra sensitive to cross sectional changes , corner shapes, lots of obstacles, .
Mummert Machine and Development 4 stroke hp
Mummert Y-blocks
liqu

Post by liqu »

312 Ford Supercharger head[
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
liqu

Post by liqu »

Ported ECZ-G cylinder head (not by me)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 »

Thanks guys!!

Back like say about '63 or so, my buddy Gene had a .060" 0ver 292" in a '55/'56 Ford HT that had something like 11.5 to 1 Jahn's pistons in it with a Z- 30 cam, 3 x 2's and headman headers that ran way good back years ago.. But a 301 Chevy with 2 x 4's got him.

Gene had smitties on it and I ended up with them!! I could hear him leaving town a mile or two away!! Loved them..

pdq67