Mickey Thompson Engines

Engine tech, for those engines, products, and technologies of yesteryear.

Moderator: Team

tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Mickey Thompson Engines

Post by tjs44 »

Racer71
Pro
Pro

Post by Racer71 »

That 2cyl supercharged motor reminds of one that came to gravelrama for many years, it was a 4cyl Pontiac with a massive roots blower mounted sideways like that named Indian uprising. Never got close enough to it plus I was much younger too really check it out. Was always told it was a Pontiac cut in half, slant 4 so to speak
piston guy
Guru
Guru

Post by piston guy »

Many of the Chevy and Pontiac heads were done by Lockerman for M/T. I actually never saw another name on any of the heads. Amos Satterlee did all the cammer stuff and Boss 9s. Fritz was done "touring" after the Bonneville deal with Ford.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

Racer71 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:34 pm That 2cyl supercharged motor reminds of one that came to gravelrama for many years, it was a 4cyl Pontiac with a massive roots blower mounted sideways like that named Indian uprising. Never got close enough to it plus I was much younger too really check it out. Was always told it was a Pontiac cut in half, slant 4 so to speak
The '61-63 OEM 4-cylinder Pontiac Tempest was the right bank of the 389" V8 cut in half by Pontiac Engineering.

The 2-cylinder was half of the 4-cylinder; a MT special to bag some 91" international drag records.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
piston guy
Guru
Guru

Post by piston guy »

Those were "Fritz" engines. He loved doing the oddballs.