engine code id

Engine tech, for those engines, products, and technologies of yesteryear.

Moderator: Team

TEROL
engine code id

Post by TEROL »

Pad stamp is F06302AQ. I found most of the information but the AQ is nonexistent in my research. SBC,327,1964-67 casting #,462 heads. Any help is greatly appreciated.
bigmike

Re: engine code id

Post by bigmike »

Casting date on block and heads would help here. So would a pic of crank flange if the engine is out.
TEROL

Post by TEROL »

Engines are out but far away at my son's. This is a pair out of a boat. One each left and right rotation. Block casting number is 3858174, Mortec lists it as 1964-67 327(does have 3.25 stroke x 4.00 bore 2 bolt main) will get more info. Just curious as to GMs intended use was, car, truck, dedicated marine, performance car ? Does have 462 heads. Not a cobbled up mess as they appear to be low hours and never apart.
Thanks for the interest.
BillK
Guru
Guru

Post by BillK »

The numbers might actually be from the marine application ? How are they branded ? Crusader ? Chris Craft ? What kind of boat are they in ?
Bill Koustenis
Advanced Automotive Machine
Waldorf Md

www.enginerepairshop.com
bigmike

Post by bigmike »

The numbers might actually be from the marine application ?

That it is very possible.

What seems odd about this set up is the duel engines with the 462 heads. Would be interesting to know if this was a performance boat or not. Not many marine or farm trucks used the higher compression 64 cc heads on 327s. But i suppose it is possible someone like Chris Craft may have requested the engines like that.