Bowtie Vortec Dome Piston

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

Stevespeed
HotPass
HotPass

Bowtie Vortec Dome Piston

Post by Stevespeed »

Has anyone had any dome pistons made for the new Bowtie Vortec SBC iron heads? If so, did the domes actually fit? Looking to buy 4.125 bore pistons with about a 10cc dome without having to reinvent the wheel. I realize they will be a custom piston. Thanks.
automotive breath
Guru
Guru
Re: Bowtie Vortec Dome Piston

Post by automotive breath »

Stevespeed wrote:Has anyone had any dome pistons made for the new Bowtie Vortec SBC iron heads? If so, did the domes actually fit? Looking to buy 4.125 bore pistons with about a 10cc dome without having to reinvent the wheel. I realize they will be a custom piston. Thanks.
Steve,
I'm not familiar with the bowtie vortec heads but I think this is what you are looking for. I use these with LT1 or RHS heads. It's an inexpensive forged piston from Keith Black. Part number KB756 is for a 4.125 bore 3.75 stroke with 6" rods, 6.25cc dome.

The pistons look good; I installed a couple of sets early this season with no problems to date.

highVE
Expert
Expert

Post by highVE »

Haven't had pistons made for them, but i do love those heads!! ALOT of potential, put a super victor on there with compression and right cam. You'll make some power!!

Mike Theroux
www.mikesportingservice.com
Mike Theroux
www.mikesportingservice.net

There is never enough time!!
Stevespeed
HotPass
HotPass

Post by Stevespeed »

Thanks AB, I'll see if I can get a sample to see if they will fit. Mike, have you ported any Bowtie Vortecs yet? Looking for a quick and easy port job I could do myself. Would removing the pushrod pinch in conjunction with using offset lifters and rockers yield an effective port without getting into major reshaping of the rest of the port? Unrestricted dirt modified application with compression, roller cam and methanol. 4.125 x 3.50 to run up to around 8200 rpm. Also, what size valve package? 2.05 x 1.55 or 1.6? Thanks
Mike@DiamondPistons
Post by Mike@DiamondPistons »

We have scanned that cylinder head and have all the information on file to build you a nice 10cc dome piston. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a email @ mpanetta@diamondracing.net or give me a call at 1-877-552-2112 x 115.

Thanks,
Mike Panetta
Diamond Racing Products
Mike Panetta
Diamond Racing Pistons
www.diamondracing.net