SBC Brodix cylinder head ID

General engine tech -- Drag Racing to Circle Track

Moderator: Team

rfoll
Guru
Guru

SBC Brodix cylinder head ID

Post by rfoll »

A friend dropped off a 383 short block and these Brodix heads. 2.02/1.60, with a small spring pocket. It looks like when they were polished, they removed the stampings usually found on the ends near the valve cover rail. The intake port fits a standard gasket, and there is minor blending there and in the bowl. The exhaust ports look really small, the intake bowl looks nice and the valve job looks as new. The presence of a heat crossover makes me think of a stock replacement head, but I don't find anything like it in the Brodix catalog. I would like to get an Idea what they are and an idea what they flow before I start looking for cams.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
So much to do, so little time...
cgarb
Guru
Guru

Re: SBC Brodix cylinder head ID

Post by cgarb »

I wonder if they are really old? There was a guy in town where I grew up that had a nova with a real old set of brodix heads on a 350. They were bfore they had the Track1 heads. If I remember right he bought them in the late 70's early 80's. He later took them off the motor and they were for sale in at the local shop that does my machine work. I just remember the ports in them were really small, my engine machinist said unless they were really cheap or free there was way better heads for the money. Maybe they aren't the same ones you have but they reminded me of them some.
wil8115
Pro
Pro

Re: SBC Brodix cylinder head ID

Post by wil8115 »

using their part number look up..

the AK255 returns..

Your part was cast on: 4/9/90
The serial number is: AK255
Your part is: STREET
If you have any other questions please call our tech department at 479-394-1075.
Thanks

Give them a call for more details.
They were very helpful with me in ID'n some really early -8's that I acquired and had
no details on them.