Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

af2
Guru
Guru

Re: Worlds fastest prod bike is ELECTRIC

Post by af2 »

Kazoom wrote:...
Anyone else here also thinking about doing a elc conversion?
Going to a 16 volt battery so the car makes it back to the pits running rumbling and pissed off noisy! [-X :lol:
GURU is only a name.
Adam
englertracing
Guru
Guru

Post by englertracing »

stokerboats
Pro
Pro

Post by stokerboats »

Kazoom wrote:we have a TESLA ELC dealership opening in Calgary next week, going to also check them out...

http://www.teslamotors.com/en_CA/

just heard they are also gearing up for a 3thrd smaller/cheaper economy version car at there factory too.
Saw a tesla run a 7.34 1/8th last night @93.5 mph.
englertracing
Guru
Guru

Post by englertracing »

Kazoom wrote:with 168 lb.ft (228 Nm) of torque...INSTANTLY...the LightingLS218 will Kill them...

http://www.gizmag.com/lightning-ls218-u ... ecs/32142/
lighting 168lbft @ 495lbs

kawasaki h2r 300hp 115lbs @ 476lbs

honda rc213v over 215hp over 100ftlbs @ 352lbs
we arent talking about a cbr1000 here, im talking about a 188000$ gp bike that you can ride on the street

not all races are in a stright line,
the honda would dominate around a circuit.
af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

When this becomes the norm the top fuel racers today will be the nostalgia racer of tomorrow...... :cry:
GURU is only a name.
Adam
user-612937456

Post by user-612937456 »

200 HP and 168 Ft-lbs doesn't sound great at first glance. Consider this these power #'s come on instantly so these #'s are probably the average power #'s from 50 RPM to 18,000 RPM. These are huge average HP and Ft-lbs numbers compared to any production bike, with the exception that they can only be sustained at full power for just a few miles before the 30 min tank refill time.
peejay
Guru
Guru

Post by peejay »

Why would you even want big torque in a motorcycle?

I'm not much of a 2 wheel guy, but a guy I work with has a 1000cc Kawasaki and he says he can't use full throttle under ~120mph due to lifting the front tire. And the bike is geared so tall, 1st gear is good for about 90mph. So that tells me that it has maybe too much torque and either the engine could be smaller or the gearing could be taller.

I guess it's a good problem to have :D And as he points out, it's already way too much to ever be able to use this side of a road course, so there's no point in modifying it.
Hairyscreech

Post by Hairyscreech »

Pikes peak is not a good example, the change in the air density top to bottom is only going to skew a result towards the electric bike.
roc
Expert
Expert

Post by roc »

A similar dispute happened when the first cars started getting faster than horses...
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

I'm a bike guy ....and when my internal combustion engine runs low on fuel I pull into a gas station...3 minutes later it's good for few hours of riding ............
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
bigfoot584
Pro
Pro

Post by bigfoot584 »

Hairyscreech wrote:Pikes peak is not a good example, the change in the air density top to bottom is only going to skew a result towards the electric bike.
Same statement was probably said:
Pikes peak is not a good example, the change in the air density top to bottom is only going to skew a result towards the carburetor cars (when fuel injection showed up).

It's just what new technology dose, it hurts but true.
roc
Expert
Expert

Post by roc »

bigfoot584 wrote: It's just what new technology dose, it hurts but true.
^ this
stevy

Post by stevy »

Interesting, to some, but not relevant to the Engine Tech section. If you don't love all that encompasses engines, sight, sound, smell, performance, perhaps another forum would better suit your needs.

What difference does it make how fast the electric bike is, it's still electric. No matter what you build steam, electric, IC engine, jet, rocket, someone has always built something faster or is about to.
rz726

Post by rz726 »

It's 495 pounds and $38 grand by press release,I'll wait til I see a store bought production test before I buy any stock.

Not that is has any soul to speak of,nor range.
Nor is gas going anywhere this century.
Half the costs in the petro industry are taxes,half the savings in EVs are derived from subsidies.When Uncle Sugar finds out he can tax EV fill-ups he will.
Did I mention it has no soul?

I wonder what a V4 2 stroke using modern technology would put out?I know it would weigh half that weight.And sound better.

Cool find though,definitely relevant.
roc
Expert
Expert

Post by roc »

Hopefully I'll still get one in my lifetime...

Lack of engine sound is big bummer though... just like girls, loud bikes are more fun when in action...