Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Re: Worlds fastest prod bike is ELECTRIC

Post by Truckedup »

Kazoom wrote:
Truckedup wrote:I'm a bike guy ....and when my internal combustion engine runs low on fuel I pull into a gas station...3 minutes later it's good for few hours of riding ............
think your missing just one of the points of why the elc tech is here to stay now...
No, I understand..... I can hold my 60 HP modified vintage Triumph bike engine with 50 miles worth of fuel 100 mph of fuel in my arms ( about 110 pounds)...And that's old technology...Electric vehicles are always tied into the electric grid when recharging......They are always on a leash so to speak...
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

Solar cells or not the vehicle is down for a time while recharging...And a roof of photo cells is very expensive and actually put out very little power so the charging time will be quite long...
There is no free lunch with electric or internal combustion...
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

I have an electric golf car... :mrgreen:
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

Even at 100% whole system efficiency, the increased resistance due to pushing the turbines through the air will take every erg of energy produced. It's like lifting yourself by your own shoelaces or a form of perpetual motion... #-o
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.
MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

Any such device, from the few watts output of the above machine to the biggest 8 megawatt offshore turbine, relies on the kinetic energy of the wind, which results from from temperature variations and ultimately the energy of the sun. A turbine being pushed through still air gets its power from the propulsion system that's moving the vehicle and can never equal much less exceed the input energy.

If it were otherwise, all you'd have to do is feed the turbine power into a electric motor, which would propel the vehicle thus creating the relative air speed to generate the power... Voila: Perpetual Motion, the dream of crackpot inventors for centuries! #-o

MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill »

I stand corrected!! :notworthy:

af2
Guru
Guru

Post by af2 »

Reported? To who? For what?

[-X
GURU is only a name.
Adam
upinthehills

Post by upinthehills »

None of these vehicles generate their own power. It's just not the same thing. They could use bungie cords...
rz726

Post by rz726 »

I use the inherent free energy in KoolAid to power my turbine/PFM/electric 5 wheeled superhypercar prototype.As I drink the Koolaid it produces methane and hydroelectric power to the vehicle.Spare energy from all sources is stored in a dilithium crystal laced flux capacitor array.

I have interested parties from NASA,JPL and some auto manufacturers bidding to either keep me silent or buy the hydroelectric attachment I connect myself to.
Being made with water KoolAid is renewable and has 10x53rd power ergs per joule gram deciliter available if harnessed correctly as I do in a MHD fusion containment system I made out of used MRI machines.Sadly I have to burn a hydrocarbon candle to give illusion that the vehicle has a soul.
upinthehills

Post by upinthehills »

getting back to bikes... 6.94 sec @ 201 mph...
big deal... Since you don't need to be self sufficient and you're using nuclear and coal power plants for power, go the next step - make the bike twice as long, bolt together more rear wheels so you're still two wheeled. You can buy super conducting wire now and chill the motor with liquid helium, use 2 or 3 times as many batteries and you'll go faster. So what if you need a portable cyrogenics plant to run the thing, you don't measure how much power it takes to run it, just the power you can stuff in batteries. Once the rear tire is 3 feet wide you might not need a kick stand anymore.

Thee just is not any comparison to something that makes it's own power. Race cars are the most efficient power generators humans have devised. The vehicles you're posting are incredible rubber band devices...
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

45Kw DC Brushless motor construction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LNfDI3QUpQ

Impressive motor considering the basic equipment he used.
Helping to Deliver the Promise of Flying Cars
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

Can you actually purchase a new one? I can only seem to find the one bike. Interesting machine and a sign of things to come, but if it's a one off, it's not really a production bike. When it comes to modified street bikes, a 500hp + turbo Hyabusa can be built for less. (and not much will keep up with that)
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
peejay
Guru
Guru

Post by peejay »

upinthehills wrote: Thee just is not any comparison to something that makes it's own power. Race cars are the most efficient power generators humans have devised.
I'm pretty sure that Very Large cargo ship Diesel engines have all race engines beat, they have sub-.30 lb/hp/hr BSFCs. There are probably some land-based coal or natural gas fired boilers that are even more efficient but I don't have data on them.
SchmidtMotorWorks
Vendor

Post by SchmidtMotorWorks »

I like the home built motor I linked to because it has good proportions for a motorcycle or position in-line with a wheel or axle.

I have built an electric bike and found it to be a lot of fun but too limited on range even with a 1000 watt motor and 48v 24 amp hour battery it is at 50% after only 10 minutes riding.

Next time I will use LiPo batteries (not LiIon) and not less than 10 HP (7500 watts).

I built a Battle bot for my kids that is 8HP (2 motors), it uses LiPo batteries, and works great.
Helping to Deliver the Promise of Flying Cars
Ron E
Guru
Guru

Post by Ron E »

I'll be much more impressed with Tesla when they become a self-supporting company