Post by liqu »

I posted this before, however a lot more work done, take a look
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic136059.aspx
Casper393W
Pro
Pro
Re: Dragster Engine

Post by Casper393W »

This is crazy..... But so awesome!! Talk about turning some heads at the track!
liqu

Post by liqu »

Wait till I get to the intake manifold, it's made of Lexan with a 4 port Hilborn (short)
wjnielsen
Pro
Pro

Post by wjnielsen »

I was gonna, talk smack about the unsuitability of the Y-block for performance endeavors, but realized I just rode my hot rodded Harley and don't have any high ground here...

All joking aside, getting popcorn and waiting for pics of the intake; love this 'outside the box' stuff!
seduce the attractive... charm the rest
liqu

Post by liqu »

I only work on this Saturdays, it's a lot of drama building and installing this into my car, I just got tired of the run of the mill engines, how many big or small block chevrolets can you look at? I know I'm trying to push a rope uphill, but I'm swinging the bat. I could have built maybe 10 sbc or bbc for the effort that this is.

Cliff Murray
Casper393W
Pro
Pro

Post by Casper393W »

I fully commend you for your efforts!! Thinking out of the box... Is something that doesn't happen that often anymore.. my dream has always been... To build a 427 SOHC powered FED!

Are you going Dyno the engine once done?
liqu

Post by liqu »

Yes, It needs to make 525 ish HP, (hope more), All is setup for 8,000 through the lights (cam, valve train and converter)
engineguyBill
Guru
Guru

Post by engineguyBill »

Reminds me of Bruce Crower. He retired several years ago and has a bunch of machinery and tools at his home garage. Decided that he wanted to build a race car, but he didn't want to compete with his customers at the cam shop. So he located a 1932 Nash and built a car to run at Bonneville, utilizing the Nash straight eight block and heads. Just about everything else in the engine was hand-built and the car set several records at B'ville.
Bill

Perfect Circle Doctor of Motors certification
SAE Member (30 years)
ASE Master Certified Engine Machinist (+ two otherASE Master Certifications)
AERA Certified Professional Engine Machinist
rickseeman

Post by rickseeman »

Casper393W wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:50 pm I fully commend you for your efforts!! Thinking out of the box... Is something that doesn't happen that often anymore.. my dream has always been... To build a 427 SOHC powered FED!
It's not too late
Casper393W
Pro
Pro

Post by Casper393W »

One idea I have been toying with... I wish I could find someone who has a set of 427 SOHC valve covers... If you see my thread on here about building the new Ford 6.2 SOHC... I would love to see if I could adapt a set of Cammer covers to fit the new engine and Fab up a new timing cover to create my new modern day version of my dream engine and drop it in a FED... If something happened to it I wouldn't feel bad in killing a near extinct engine!
408swinger
HotPass
HotPass

Post by 408swinger »

Casper393W wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:22 pm One idea I have been toying with... I wish I could find someone who has a set of 427 SOHC valve covers... If you see my thread on here about building the new Ford 6.2 SOHC... I would love to see if I could adapt a set of Cammer covers to fit the new engine and Fab up a new timing cover to create my new modern day version of my dream engine and drop it in a FED... If something happened to it I wouldn't feel bad in killing a near extinct engine!
Get ahold of Jim Green in Seattle.
The Cammer King !
steve316
Expert
Expert

Post by steve316 »

I run a sbc and I think what you are doing will help you with what ever engine you take on to build. Any one off engine takes custom one of kind pieces.what I am trying to say is you're doing a great job. =D>
liqu

Post by liqu »

Thanks Steve, I work on this every Saturday and I post what I did that day on the website, there are almost no bolt on parts I can use, I have to make everything, SFI parts are hard, I used a SBC damper and will use a SBC flexplate with an adapter, I am running a powerglide, just to fit it is a hard job.

Thanks Cliff
liqu

Post by liqu »

More stuff added
cjperformance
Guru
Guru

Post by cjperformance »

Fantastic =D>
Craig.