WOW! The New RIVIAN pickup just premiered at LA !

Anything to do with the electric or hybrid world

Moderator: Team

Newold1
Guru
Guru
WOW! The New RIVIAN pickup just premiered at LA !

Post by Newold1 »

This is really a ground shaking new product that will put GM ,Ford and Dodge on their ARSSES!

Check it out The Rivian R1T

www.rivian.com
The Older I Get, The Dumber I Get :wink:
Newold1
Guru
Guru
Re: WOW! The New RIVIAN pickup just premiered at LA !

Post by Newold1 »

This truck if it does what they say it can and they can deliver it in quantity at the $61K-$75K prices they are taking orders for it will revolutionize the truck and SUV markets! =D>

0-60 in 3 seconds!

800HP -200HP at all 4 wheels all the time!

400 miles on a charge!

Oh, I forgot, it can tow 11,000lbs!

I personally think its an awesome looking truck!

I just placed my deposit!
JoePorting
Guru
Guru

Post by JoePorting »

Do you have a picture? The link shows nothing except a beach picture.
Joe Facciano
Ericnova
Pro
Pro

Post by Ericnova »

JoePorting wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:18 pm Do you have a picture? The link shows nothing except a beach picture.
Right click on the white box on the right hand upper side of the screen, next to the word "rivian"
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

If you go to Google News online they have a nice full picture expose of a lot of the trucks features.

Rivian is releasing and premiering the SUV1 tomorrow at the LA Car Show at 1:00pm !!

I love the "FRUNK" on the truck and suv. There is no engine so the entire front ends of both are just nice big trunks !

Oh Yah! The truck is rated to traverse a 36" high water obstacle!

Can we say "Tesla" all over again!
jmarkaudio
Vendor

Post by jmarkaudio »

Place a deposit you may never see? I have friends that put money down on Elio going on about 6 years now...
Mark Whitener
www.racingfuelsystems.com
____

Good work isn't cheap and cheap work can't be good.
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

Read the statement on the website! They guaranty a refund with in three days of cancellation of order guaranty.

You need to understand one thing ,all the $1000 deposits placed won't even pay to stock and operate the plant for one week!

These deposits are a means by wish they secure additional large investment and funding to get production up an spitting out vehicles they can deliver and receive full payments for. Rivian has already received over 650 million in funding and investment. With the release of this truck and the number of deposits that hit in the next month they will secure all the funding (debt) they need to get these vehicles out to fill orders.

Rivian bought the newer idle Mitsibushi plant in Bloomington Indiana, has another plant outside Detroit in Plymouth and has design, technology and development facilities in California.

The MIT phd engineering graduate that started this company all the way back in 2009 and has pretty much stayed off the industry radar since. These vehicles were developed almost completely in a stealth mode. They are a lot further along than anybody outside the company imagined!

The reason Rivian needs until 2020 to deliver orders is as any large auto manufacturer will tell you is it takes that long to order the automated machinery, robots, presses, cnc centers, etc. and set up the lines and secure and train a workforce to accomplish the builds. Building large numbers of vehicles is a huge undertaking and as GM, Ford, Chrysler and others can attest they start years in advance of actual production to achieve the final goals.

You remember how many "naysayers" there were when Tesla started, but a lot of converts now when you see how many they are now delivering and the new vehicles they are bringing out for release. GM just announced today they are closing a bunch of sedan plants and are in process of switching a ton of production over to their new electric vehicle releases coming down the pipe! I am sure Ford is in much the same mode off the radar right now!

It's time to understand that until some form of automotive power comes to the forefront, electric vehicles are here to stay and the biggest problem may be a power generation capability to provide all the battery charging and the raw rare earth materials to build the required volume of batteries!
Newold1
Guru
Guru

Post by Newold1 »

OH, I forgot to mention. If anyone here wants to secure a better job, Rivian is hiring right now in big numbers!
77cruiser
Guru
Guru

Post by 77cruiser »

I'll keep my Duramax & my little 1/2 ton with 4.8, thanks. :|
Jim
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

It's time to understand that until some (other, yet unknown) form of automotive power comes to the forefront, electric vehicles are here to stay.
Agree, electric is the foreseeable future. Drive one; you'll understand.
Who needs a truck that looks like a car?
Agree; that's not a truck. It's an SUV with a very small external load area. The Subaru Baja and Ford Explorer Sport offered abortions like that, but they didn't sell especially well. Maybe Rivian has a better angle.

If Rivian were offering a real truck with an 8' box, I'd buy one tomorrow. However, those of us who work real trucks are in the minority. Just the other day, a guy saw my '04 F250 6.0 and said, "Hey, an old standard cab. Haven't seen one of those in a while." When my machinist was trying to buy a new 3500, there were literally no standard cabs available anywhere. When he asked why, he was told, "All the civilians want the deluxe quad cab with the short box. We call 'em the Harley Davidson King Ranch Dick Extension model. The standard cab is special order fleet use only." So, based on the market demand, maybe Rivian has it figured, no one really wants an electric truck, just an electric toy.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
swampbuggy
Guru
Guru

Post by swampbuggy »

I am with you Jack, as a home builder i often need my 8 ft. long bed for hauling long boards-- etc. The shorter boxes to me are like tits on a boar hog, not worth much :lol: Mark H. :wink:
mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e »

jmarkaudio wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:16 pm Place a deposit you may never see? I have friends that put money down on Elio going on about 6 years now...
I gave elio $100....and I'm pretty sure the tee shirt they send will be collectable :)
Mark
Mechanical Engineer
Krooser
Guru
Guru

Post by Krooser »

I'm totally underwhelmed... I'm still waiting for my George Jetson flying car to be delivered.
Honored to be a member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame Class of 2019
Carnut1
Guru
Guru

Post by Carnut1 »

I like the each drive wheel motor tech. I think I have seen that done on a 1911 Mack electric truck. The latest tech.
Servedio Cylinder Head Development
631-816-4911
9:00am - 9:00pm EST
Truckedup
Guru
Guru

Post by Truckedup »

Like the Honda Ridgeline, it's a truck for people who don't like or need a "conventional " truck...Great for pulling a boat or occasional trips to the Home Depot..They will sell well in California, not so much in rural areas ....Overall it's good competition for the GM, Ford and Ram and their powerful but complex Diesel engines...
It's straight electric? what the range and recharge time?
Motorcycle land speed racing... wearing animal hides and clinging to vibrating oily machines propelled by fire